• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ideas for DIY Cage Cover

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
Hi everyone,

I'm getting sick and tired of draping blankets and towels over my cage that do a crappy job anyway.

Anyone have suggestions on how I can make a cover? I don't have a sewing machine so I can't sew too much. I'm good at hand sewing but it could take a long time :laughing2:

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I just use a bed sheet, so not really very helpful for you! It works fine for me.

Reactions: mak

clarousel

I just use a bed sheet, so not really very helpful for you! It works fine for me.
The cage is in my room and my lights are too bright! I'm usually up for another 2-3 hours after her bed time.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

mak

I also just throw a sheet over. I usually try to close the light over the cage but even if I can't Tooky still settles down.

keirieski17

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Keila
I use a flat sheet to cover Titus and a tablecloth to cover Ella. I’ve thought about getting thicker covers but I’m worried about them overheating. I just turn the light out at 9 when they go to bed (they’re covered 9pm-10am) and do whatever I have to in the dark lol.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I’ve thought about getting thicker covers but I’m worried about them overheating.
If you get thicker covers, leave the back uncovered (where the wall is), or cover the back with the thinner material.

clarousel

I use a flat sheet to cover Titus and a tablecloth to cover Ella. I’ve thought about getting thicker covers but I’m worried about them overheating. I just turn the light out at 9 when they go to bed (they’re covered 9pm-10am) and do whatever I have to in the dark lol.
I thought I was the only one :laughin: when Preeno was in a smaller cage I'd put her in my connecting toilet. I would have to do all my cleaning up in the dark!

If you get thicker covers, leave the back uncovered (where the wall is), or cover the back with the thinner material.
I'm considering getting some blackout curtain material. Would this be okay? Obviously if it's too thick I'll use something else.

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
clothespins and a sheet (or I have single layer fleece blankets I use, I found them at the store for like $5)