• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video I'd say that's progress!

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
5, almost 6, months of me not being able to do much with Nautilus and this happens today :loveshower:
He took his first one from me yesterday but I wasn't happy with the circumstances. I was late with food so he was very hungry, he was growling at me the whole time and I think the initial contact between him and the treat was actually a bite :unsure1:.
Today I made sure to be early with his food, he still had some leftovers from yesterday so he wasn't starving. He took it very politely and didn't growl once!
I'm glad to finally see some progress with him cause it just proves more to me that the people who say you can't "tame" parent raised (and/or) aviary Ringnecks are generally not speaking from personal experience.
Hopefully if he keeps this up I can try some through the mesh target training :)

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow congratulations :heart:...I know this feeling too well! It's a very special moment.

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
That's awesome! He looked very calm taking it, too. That's great progress :laugh:

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
This is amazing :heart: