• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'd like to chat with someone about Molly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evelyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Evelyn
Hi Judi, I know what you are saying, and my take is..I feel animals feel the tension of their owners, wheather it be birds or dogs, cats. If you are tense with her, maybe she would be happier with the person you have in mind. You know better then we do. She sounds like Zack acts, only he wants to be with me, now Noel doesn't want to be with anyone, but she doesn't get nippy either. Am I making any sence, here, I know in my mind what I am trying to say. With you getting another bird she is going to get less time and maybe she needs more time. I know P'lets can go back to being wild very easy, if not messed with daily. The boys are they afraid of her? If so she shouldn't be there. I feel the family and the pet should live in harmony. :hug8:

JudiNH

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Judi
Thank you Evelyn. I appreciate your insight. I wouldnt really say that I am tense with Molly. More concerned that she is happy. My boys are afraid of her because she bites, but, they just stay away from her. Its not really a big deal. But, I do think she would do really well in a very quiet household, as a single pet, with someone who could dote on her and give her tons of attention, without the distractions and commotion that seem to upset her so much. That, or with a mate, would be the ideal situations for her. My house is busy, active, and often noisy. She is a bit uptight and high strung and so the commotion doesnt really help her at all. But, she isnt totally UNhappy, I dont think. Just not as happy as she could be. Its hard to explain, its just something I feel in my gut. But, anyway, thank you for your reply. I appreciate your thoughtful post.

Status
Not open for further replies.