• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I wish we could have kept one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oknuma

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Oknuma
so at horse riding today I was grooming and tacking up some horses while dd was in her lesson. Next thing I hear shouts and so ran over.

Well there was a very dead mummy rabbit just near her burrow and so the school owner, another instructor and myself dug out the burrow and found 7 of these lil things!

being wild they cant be kept without a lot of medical treatment because of the caleysee {sp} virus and so we called a few vets to see if they would take them and put them down humanely. We were told no :( and so the owner was going to have to put them down.. a lot less humanely.

In the end i opted to go and sit outside the vets until they agreed to take them which worked.. thank goodness.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Aw, that's so sad. They are cute little things.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
thanks for being persistent and getting someone to do that as humanely as possible

:hug8:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Aw, look at them! :heart: So happy to hear the Vet took them in the end.

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
Thanks for taking a stand for them.

Jadesmom

Real Name
Mary Ann
What is that virus? Is this strictly a rabbit thing? I have never heard of it. I'm in NY, but raised 2 orphans from tiny hairless to big guys on canned cat milk and let them go in the local cemetery with lots of food and a pond. No traffic.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
They are SOOO cute!:heart: But since ferral rabbits are everywhere, dont let someone tell you that rabbits cannot live in the wild even with that virus. They are very hardy. However at that age, it'd be VERY difficult to raise them, and keep hem alive. Rabbit babies die very quickly, even if everything seems to be going alright with the handfeeding. Im glad to hear they were humanely put down:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.