• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I was out removing the snow from my car...

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
My Quakers talk and laugh in my voice.

CheckeredTail

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tsushi
Thank you Natalie....don't worry, I only drink Decaf of everything. My wife has tons of different teas. One of her hobbies is being a herbalist. She has two large sections of the yard she grows all kinds of herbs.
Matter of fact, she digs up dandelion, used the flower part to roll in flour, fry in a little olive oil... Taste like mushroom.
Or makes dandelion wine. The leaves can be added to salads.... The roots washed and dried, then used for tea.
We had 3 dachshunds at one time. A smooth haired, show dog. Long long pedigree background. And two long haired. They never bothered the birds. They all died 2-3 months of each other... They were all roughly same age.
Your wife's garden sounds so lovely! I'm working on something like that to grow useful wild plants at home to dry for herbs and cook too, I've heard of using the roots as a coffee substitute (that's basically the same as chickory) but never heard of someone frying dandelion! Was it just the leaves dipped in batter?