• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

i want to know some information about bird management

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
i have some budgies,cockataiels & want to know some information about them.
1.can i keep them darkness in night or put dim light on their room? which one is right?
2.i wake up lately on morning.sometimes(10am-12pm) so can i put their seedmix,and water all time in their cage 24hrs? but i change their water in morning and evening regularly.is there any wrong?
3.in summer session extreme hot weather can i need cover there cage in night? Thanks

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cockatiels have a tendency to get 'night frights' when kept in absolute darkness, so a small nightlight would benefit them.

You can keep seed in their bowl for the day, but I wouldn't keep them for a full 24 hours.

If it's super hot in their room, don't cover their cages; it'll just make them even hotter.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I always leave a light on low for my 'tiels at night. You can use a night light or just dim a regular light.
My 'tiels have access to their pellets and seed mix and, of course, water 24/7.
If it's too hot then either don't cover or use a light cover such as a sheet and leave 1 or two sides uncovered.

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
I always leave a light on low for my 'tiels at night. You can use a night light or just dim a regular light.
My 'tiels have access to their pellets and seed mix and, of course, water 24/7.
If it's too hot then either don't cover or use a light cover such as a sheet and leave 1 or two sides uncovered.
They dropping on water if I don't change it. How can I protect water from virus and bacteria??

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
They dropping on water if I don't change it. How can I protect water from virus and bacteria??
...move the water bowl (or dish) is probably the best idea...try to get the water their perching area...

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You have to be vigilant with the water, change it and clean the dishes daily or more if needed. Place the dish in an area where they won't poop into it although sometimes it doesn't matter where you place the water dish/bowl because they will sit on the edge of it and poop or they will throw food and other stuff into it.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Welcome aboard! I check my crews water every time I'm near their cages. I got in the habit because my ekkies like to dip their food in water so I clean it several times a day. I just figure that I wouldn't want to drink water with floaters! LOL