• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I want to help my bird

Swatimusic

Moving in
I rescued common myna from the park and he is eating good but today when I touch him I feel his body is not warm as it was before and sometime his body is shivering little bit and one thing he go to sleep right after eating and he is sleeping more than before when I take him to my house he was scared that's why he was not sleeping but today he is sleeping more and he is sleeping right after eating also is this a serious issues please tell me I want to help him but there are no word hospital near me
And can you please tell me his age and how to take care .

Attachments

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm afraid I don't know much about wild birds. But young birds still cannot keep themselves warm, so you should try to fix up a little box with a water bottle filled with warm water and then wrapped in a towel to place inside with him. (The idea is to keep him warm, not to burn him if the water is too hot.).

Young birds often sleep in the nest right after being fed.

Is there a wildlife rescue resource nearby where you can take him? Or at least ask questions about how best to care for him?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@cjames @finchly @Dona @Diveks

Maybe this older thread can help;

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope your mynah is doing well and you can find some veterinary or rescue help. I agree on the water bottle idea @Kassiani

I was tagged here @Zara perhaps because I fostered 2 Greater Indian Hill mynahs in the 80's. Per my vet's recommendations they ate only monkey biscuits. They were extremely healthy, talkative, full flighted, and active with glowing feathers. But times have changed and I'm sure that's not the optimal diet. My biggest issue with them was their poop. Holy cow, so large and stinky. I eventually found them a home in the foyer of a veterinary office where they learned to meow and bark.

Good luck!

Swatimusic

Moving in
Thank you so much for all the help I am very grateful that I found this website
My myna is doing great I have taken him to avian vet and he said myna has stomach infection beacuse he has eaten so much food after giving medication myna ( zero ) is feeling good
Once again Thank you everyone for helping me

Attachments