• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I want to create a resource of parrot screams

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
I've created a website so others can contribute their files, and I'm wondering if it would be okay to post about and if so, where?

It will be a free library with all audio clips released under creative commons. I thought it would be really useful for prospective owners of a given species to be able to get a taste of what that bird sounds like prior to taking the plunge.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
You'd love the Crimson Clan... three screaming red meemee's.... I wonder if my old flip camera still works. It's pretty old and may have an old battery in it. :cautious: Rocket alone is the noisiest of all but the three.. whoa. I read long ago before buying my first pair they were the "quiet"conure. NOT TRUE.

winniezon

Jogging around the block
ooh i don't know where you can put it but once you figure it out then i can definitely contribute with some very loud senegal parrot screeches (they hate me going in their cage)

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
This is a great idea! I could definitely add some audio clips of my two green cheek conures having one of their screaming/noise making competitions.

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's a cool idea, I'll get some recordings of the morning chorus!

Maybe a variety of everyday noises as well as their loudest screams would be useful? I see a lot of beginner bird owners on social media asking "what does this noise mean?". Of course not everything, but some typical things like hungry baby noises, flirty noises, angry noises...and so on.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
I think this is a GREAT IDEA-- of course, even though I wouldn't want to scare and deter anyone away from getting a bird of any kind... it is really best to -- YES -- let them know what 'life w/ a bird' is really like...
Just remember if possible, to include both a single bird noise, and then two or more-- at least in my household, the more the merrier / louder/ etc!
I have noticed my Senegal and my Cockatoo 'noise-feeding' off of each other-- so mixed species noise is another category. [This suddenly turned into a MASSIVE undertaking, didn't it! ]... :lol::explode:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd consider having people post what they recorded it with as well as the clip. Things can sound not so noisy if recorded with something ordinary, like a cellphone, rather than fancy film crew equipment. For the library to be usable, this seems like a necessity.

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is a great idea! I would love to contribute some of my budgies' sounds.

Feather

Avenue Veteran

jzarc17

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jackie
I also love this idea! Before I got any birds I listened to audio of birds and it was a big help! I would love to contribute some lovebird noises, mine LOVES to scream when shes excited!