• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I want to complain about the quality of this toy.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Last edited:

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've been looking at Jan's toys (love them all), but JaKhu aka Burt the 2nd, LOL, is a feathered wrecking ball. She's been shaving pieces off Java perches. Two nights ago she was on the parrot tower flapping away & over it went. She went down with it & then climbed onto the boing. In the 21 years we've had the parrot tower, none of my birds ever knocked it over. To date there isn't any toy she hasn't been able to destroy or damage. I'm sure if I got one with the bells she'd drive us nuts ringing them all day long, beside having every thing bent. Beads she'd have bitten in half in minutes. She snapped a 1/4 inch thick acrylic toy piece in half. She can open heavy chain links & quick links that have been tightened with pliers. JaJaBinks (past macaw) played with her toys. JaKhu is on a mission to destroy everything. So I keep looking at the SS toys & thinking if she would destroy it in minutes or would it last a few days, LOL. I think birds like JaKhu & Burt just need solid big pieces of SS, like 3 inches by 3 inches thick, strung on maybe SS logging chain, LOL. Even then I think they'd find a way to destroy that.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I can't guarantee my toys against such power we can only try. Like when I had my B&G ... I could have given her my most smallest not meant for a Macaw toy and she would have not destroyed it in the least but yet give it to another Macaw and it might get bent, crushed and destroyed quickly.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I've been looking at Jan's toys (love them all), but JaKhu aka Burt the 2nd, LOL, is a feathered wrecking ball. She's been shaving pieces off Java perches. Two nights ago she was on the parrot tower flapping away & over it went. She went down with it & then climbed onto the boing. In the 21 years we've had the parrot tower, none of my birds ever knocked it over. To date there isn't any toy she hasn't been able to destroy or damage. I'm sure if I got one with the bells she'd drive us nuts ringing them all day long, beside having every thing bent. Beads she'd have bitten in half in minutes. She snapped a 1/4 inch thick acrylic toy piece in half. She can open heavy chain links & quick links that have been tightened with pliers. JaJaBinks (past macaw) played with her toys. JaKhu is on a mission to destroy everything. So I keep looking at the SS toys & thinking if she would destroy it in minutes or would it last a few days, LOL. I think birds like JaKhu & Burt just need solid big pieces of SS, like 3 inches by 3 inches thick, strung on maybe SS logging chain, LOL. Even then I think they'd find a way to destroy that.
I could see us naming a storm after her. Hurricane JaKhu has a nice ring to it.

jzarc17

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jackie
I'm going to need to try one of these cool SS toys. I have a lovebird that LOVES to beat the crap out of bells and she destroys them in no time. Ive been eyeballing these cool toys for a while now!

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don’t know of anything else in this world that was made to last a lifetime as well as being made to be bomb proof, sound awesome and be so gorgeous to look at...Jan makes the most wonderful pieces of musical art to keep our birds happy and entertained! Burt and I love Jan’s toys :heart:
Bomb proof ! :coffeescreen: