• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

i thought someone stole my bird today

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookworm

Jogging around the block
Real Name
thou
i came home from work and was talking to the babies. i went to move jada's cage to move her away from the lovebirds when i noticed that pan and evie's food bowl was inside their cage and not sitting out on the ledge where it normally is. i thought, "that's odd."

then i noticed that it was only pan in his cage. i kept looking into the cage and did not see evie. i looked in her hut, not there. i went to my purse where she normally hides in when she's out of her cage. did not see her there. i called for her over and over. nothing.

i called my boyfriend, freaking out on the phone. everything and everyone is accounted for except for evie. i'm about to start crying and about to call the police.

then i heard chirp chirp chirp coming from somewhere near my room. apparently she was hiding in that yellow purse and i missed it. i don't know how she got out (obviously her food doors arent locked). i don't know how long she's been out or anything. she just looked at me like, "what mom? i'm here, relax." ARGH. almost had a heart attack.

hopefully it was all her doing and not someone coming into my apt, which i'm sure is not the situation (like only the caretaker has the keys and i trust him)

Last edited:

tammie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tammie
That would have been scary!! I'm glad she found you and that all worked out to the good. Give her an extra hug for hiding from mom!

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I would have had a heart attack! How scary! I bet little Evie had a ball, though, lol

bookworm

Jogging around the block
Real Name
thou
i bet she spent most of her time out showing off to the others that she got out of her cage and they were stuck in theirs. i do wonder what she did the whole time though

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
wow that would scare me too. I'm glad she was just hiding:D

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:omg: thank god she was not stolen and ok...phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
:eek:
I would have DIED! You know, back when I used to live in apartments I kept noticing things missing out of our fridge etc, and my cats seemed to always be ending up out in the hallways. I couldn't figure it out, because my door would always be shut, and if I was the last one to leave I ALWAYS locked the door. So I ruled out someone getting into the apartment and was determined with management that there was a hole in the wall SOMEWHERE and my cats were finding it. I attributed the food to my roommates eating it. When I finally did pipe up and say something about it, I was told that nobody had been touching my koolaid, and that my gushers (I used to be a junk food junkie) were the last thing on earth they would want to snack on.

It wasn't until I ended up staying home from class/school a couple days in a row that I noticed what was happening. My other roommate would dash off down to the gym and NOT lock the door. She also wouldn't lock the door when she took a shower, took a nap, etc. etc. So I was back in my bedroom, and I heard the main door open, so I figured she had come back from the gym downstairs. I walk around the corner to the kitchen...and there is two little girls, both under the age of 10, going through my fridge and grabbing a koolaid. I didn't yell or anything, just asked what they were doing, and boy did I scare the crap out of them! Their mothers were furious when I turned them in, and the girls of course apologized, but they did admit to bringing the cats out into the hallways to play, and then not being able to catch the cats afterwards. So seriously, watch those locks, watch those windows, etc. Little kids when not supervised will get into everything.

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Oh im soo happy that little Evie is ok :)

bookworm

Jogging around the block
Real Name
thou
:eek:
I would have DIED! You know, back when I used to live in apartments I kept noticing things missing out of our fridge etc, and my cats seemed to always be ending up out in the hallways. I couldn't figure it out, because my door would always be shut, and if I was the last one to leave I ALWAYS locked the door. So I ruled out someone getting into the apartment and was determined with management that there was a hole in the wall SOMEWHERE and my cats were finding it. I attributed the food to my roommates eating it. When I finally did pipe up and say something about it, I was told that nobody had been touching my koolaid, and that my gushers (I used to be a junk food junkie) were the last thing on earth they would want to snack on.

It wasn't until I ended up staying home from class/school a couple days in a row that I noticed what was happening. My other roommate would dash off down to the gym and NOT lock the door. She also wouldn't lock the door when she took a shower, took a nap, etc. etc. So I was back in my bedroom, and I heard the main door open, so I figured she had come back from the gym downstairs. I walk around the corner to the kitchen...and there is two little girls, both under the age of 10, going through my fridge and grabbing a koolaid. I didn't yell or anything, just asked what they were doing, and boy did I scare the crap out of them! Their mothers were furious when I turned them in, and the girls of course apologized, but they did admit to bringing the cats out into the hallways to play, and then not being able to catch the cats afterwards. So seriously, watch those locks, watch those windows, etc. Little kids when not supervised will get into everything.

wow, that's quite a story. nope, i'm kinda ocd about locking up the doors. everything is locked and doubled checked to make sure it's locked. well i hope your roommates learned to lock up after that. man, people who don't lock up their doors, i don't get it. one of my coworkers doesn't and one night these drunk guys opened up her door in her apt complex. :omg: i was like, "erika, you need to lock your doors. those guys weren't rapists, but they could have been." so scary. guess i read the news too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.