• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I think Squid wants a friend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I just got done feeding my birds their hot dinner food :) (sweetpotato, blended greens and veggies with oatmeal and crushed flax seed)

She was trying to preen Wilma (one of the tiels I have in the double flight cage for company for her ;)) and Wilma pecked at her head! Squid still didnt get that Wilma didn't want to be in her company, as Squid then lowered her head (and it was all fluffed up) asking to be preened! And Wilma squealed protest!

I put their night time seed in their cage, and Wilma heads down to go get some and Squid follows her, and then grabs her tail and rolls upside on the perch playing! Wilma didnt like that (she flew to the food that time) and Squid fell to the bottom of the cage. Got back up.. looked around and ran to go eat with her.:lol:

Squid is not at all aggressive or mean to her 2 cockatiel cage mates. She thoroughly enjoys their company :) (not too certain they really enjoy hers). She has been seen preening Casper my white tiel:heart: I hoping this will last and be a long-term friendship (I know all about how parrotlets are not good with other birds, but I can hope and cross my fingers and toes, right?:hehe:)

And NOW she wants a cuddle!:cool1::heart:

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
awwww where are the PICTURES?!!!
just be careful as she gets older.... things can turn very quickly in a female parrotlets head!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
awwww where are the PICTURES?!!!
just be careful as she gets older.... things can turn very quickly in a female parrotlets head!

Oh I know. I'll definitely keep an eye on her.

But you should've saw her face, this morning Wilma decided to do a wing flap (while Squid tried once again to get a head preen from her) and Squid looked at her like "Whats your problem":hehe:

I'll try and get pics when I see her do this again.. probably a video would be better:D

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Maybe if she's persistent, she will make a friend? If not, I still think a male parrotlet might be a good option. But you'd have to give them their own flight.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Lol, aw bless her! what a sweetie pie.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Maybe if she's persistent, she will make a friend? If not, I still think a male parrotlet might be a good option. But you'd have to give them their own flight.

I don't plan on splitting the double flight up, so I don't think I'll be getting anymore plets.. and if Squid decides she doesn't like the 'tiels, that is when I'll split it.. :(

But Squidly has been good with the tiels.. she just like to try and squeeze in between Casper and Wilma at night, and then gets pecked at, so she starts flying around, chirping, and comes tattling to me and wants snuggles:heart::hehe:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
perhaps it is because she is younger than the tiels and still learning the order of things?

hope it gets better with a little time

she is so lucky to have found you

:hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
perhaps it is because she is younger than the tiels and still learning the order of things?

hope it gets better with a little time

she is so lucky to have found you

:hug8:
Casper my male cockatiel doesnt mind her at all:heart::D:highfive:

Wilma just doesnt seem too fond of her:( and Squid has been trying to win her affection.:hehe:

Ofcourse if there is any aggression, I'll definitely put in the divider.

I know Petrie and Buzz (Lovebird and cockatiel) were raised together, and they are best of friends, so Im hoping since Squid has been around them since I brought her home, Im hoping she'll grow up and be a good girl around them :D lol

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I hope it continues to go well! P'lets are feisty little buggers - you never know with them.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Haha! Yep, thats a p`let for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.