• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I think Skylar likes me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. PBJ

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kat
He has been in my face ever sense I come in my bedroom.
I have been in my room for hour and half spending some time with him.

He has been on my shoulder the whole time.

I dont know if its a fluke or what but he seems happy. he is not all puffed up around me right now. or mabye he just does not like men.

How do I know if he trust me enough or being on me is enough?

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
That's great. Just keep going slow with him. Don't push him, continue to do what you are doing with him without any more pressure for now. It will probably take some time to really build up trust, but that's ok, it's normal. It sounds like he is starting to feel more comfortable.

I have a little bird that I got a few months ago. He is VERY fearful of hands, so I don't pet him, touch him with my hands or hold him on my hands. I did teach him to step up onto a stick, which he is very comfortable with. Every few days I offer my hand, he no longer backs away but will no investigate it with his beak, but he has let me know he isn't ready for more than that and that's fine. I just go slow at his pace:)

Mrs. PBJ

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kat
I think he is scared of hands.
he gets all scared when i move my hands. he is eating my hair to weird

He is chillin she likes his need seeds there a better brand

Chewy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
The reason why he's "eating" your hair is because he is preening you. IT's something a bird does to show affection. Some smaller birds prefer not to be touched....sitting on shoulder is all they sometimes want

Mrs. PBJ

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kat
The reason why he's "eating" your hair is because he is preening you. IT's something a bird does to show affection. Some smaller birds prefer not to be touched....sitting on shoulder is all they sometimes want
So its a good thing
Great i want him to be comfertable

Status
Not open for further replies.