• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I think Scooty might be a Cinnamon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Squeeky is definitely a grey color, while scooty seems to have almost a brownish tone to her feathers. I'm thinking she might not be a standard grey like my Doodle.

Attachments

ThatDarnBird

Rollerblading along the road
I think she looks like a cinnamon too. In your sig, with them side by side, you can see the difference. They're both such cuties!:heart:

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Im not sure...but I am sure that I AM IN LUV with your tiels...que lindo!! & how sweet
they are~~~:);)

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
I've never been good with tiel variations and the different types.. :lol: But one thing I do know is that she's gorgeous.. :swoon:

penguin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I think you might be right, she looks lighter and a bit browner than Squeeky. Sooo cute!

CrazyBirdLady

Hit the Road
Real Name
Jaime
I think she is a grey. Greys can have brownish tints and be various shades. One thing for sure, she is gorgeous! I have been wanting a female grey forever, I think they are stunning.

Amberry

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amber
Very cute! I quite often find some cinnamon coloured feathers on Dexter... It changes with the light and can be hard to photograph :p

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
little cutie patooties whatever the mutation!!

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Don't know what mutation she is - I also think she is a gray. When I brought home two of my tiels as babies - I also thought that one of them was a cinnamon, even though I was told he was a gray. When compared to my gray male at home, he had so much more brown coloring in his feathers - so I named him Mocha. More of the gray showed as he molted in his adult feathers but he is a much lighter gray than my other male. And my female whiteface also looks like her feathers have some brown in her.

I love that pic of her with you.:heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Scooty is so beautiful-but I don't think she's a cinny. Our Mocha (popular name for a cinny,I see!) really almost looks brown when you compare him to our other tiels, not a soft brown. I do see a slight tinge in Scooty,though. And that second pic..awwww :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.