• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I think Puffin has lost her voice

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Can I use F10 in a vaporizer? Which kind would I need? Is it just for cleaning and rinsing out or can I safely add a little to the water to make sure no bacteria grows?

I currently scrub them out then run vinegar and water through them for about 10 minutes in another room away form the birds each time, then rinse 'em out really well and fill with filtered water.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Also, since we can't search for F10 "too short, too long, or too common", can that be made a searchable keyword somehow or can a Sticky tread be created in one of the forums? prettyplease.gif

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I’m pretty sure @Macawnutz and @Hankmacaw have used F10 in nebulisers, they may be able to help with information.

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Can I use F10 in a vaporizer? Which kind would I need? Is it just for cleaning and rinsing out or can I safely add a little to the water to make sure no bacteria grows?

I currently scrub them out then run vinegar and water through them for about 10 minutes in another room away form the birds each time, then rinse 'em out really well and fill with filtered water.
I read that as" Can i use WD-40 in a vaporizer" and I thought that was a weird treatment for a squeaky bird. Best of luck to you and Puffin tomorrow, we will all be watching for an update. No matter what, sheis in the best of hands with you.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. :grouphug3: She's still as sweet and feisty as always, but tomorrow can't get here fast enough, ya know? I'm still hoping the vet will tell me it's something very minor. :fingerscrossed:

I read that as" Can i use WD-40 in a vaporizer" and I thought that was a weird treatment for a squeaky bird. Best of luck to you and Puffin tomorrow, we will all be watching for an update. No matter what, she is in the best of hands with you.
I don't think my sweet Puffalump would appreciate that, but Bubo might. :embarassed:
1617922445844.png

Last edited:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I tried nebulizing Jasper with F10, but it did not do any good. It is very popular with the falconers in the Mideast and with the English to nebulize Asper birds with it. Maybe I didn't use it strong enough or maybe jasper's Asper was not all in her respiratory system.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I was thinking it would be nice to use to keep anything from growing in the water between cleanings.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Less than an hour til Puffin's appointment. Waiting.gif

Twice last night I could have sworn she tried to make her usual sweet "hiccup/hi" sound, but they were shorter than usual and I thought I was imagining it.

This morning I know for sure she tried to do her Luv Bug impersonation but it sounded like a distorted recording of Bug's voice. (It's usually so spot on that I used to uncover a confused, still-sleeping Luv Bug in the mornings until I figured it out. :laugh: )

I'm hoping this means she's feeling a little better. It gives me hope of a better diagnosis. :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Keeping Puffin in my thoughts!! Hoping all goes well :fingerscrossed:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
They finally came and got her, 45 minutes after our appointment time? And it's not a face-to-face visit. :(

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
The vet came back into the room to let me know that she's listened to Puffin's air sacs and hears air moving. She says we can either watch her for a few more days to see if she gets better, do an asper titer or xray. I asked what she would do if it were her bird & she said she would do the xray.

They came back in after and said the xrays look okay, but that they're sending them to a radiologist to be sure & that we should hear back next week. They didn't want to do her nails and beak today because they don't want to stress her any more.

We've been out for about 30 minutes. I'd've updated sooner but my phone died right after the came and got her.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
progress! Glad the lungs didn’t sound alarming. Best wishes. Get your voice back quickly Puffin! :xflove: