• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I think Phoenix might be taking it too far

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Honestly looks normal to me. That squawking I'm familiar with too. It'll all be a lot less stressful once Raiju has his full wings but they don't seem to be holding him back much. :)

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Honestly looks normal to me. That squawking I'm familiar with too. It'll all be a lot less stressful once Raiju has his full wings but they don't seem to be holding him back much. :)
Glad to hear!! Thank you!

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
All I see from that video is Phoenix being pushy and Raijū not being able to fly away and tell him enough.
Just what I see :)

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The dynamic between my boys is changing on an hourly basis. They take turns being the hyper one and annoying the other. Budgie life, lol!

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
...I'm here to learn, not to advise, but I have to say that the best part of that video clip is the pop-up "what do parrots find sexy? go to pbs.org to find out" :roflmao:
I know a lot of birds and even mammals will practice "mounting" with play partners regardless of sex. And adult same-sex pairings aren't uncommon for budgies, right?

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
...I'm here to learn, not to advise, but I have to say that the best part of that video clip is the pop-up "what do parrots find sexy? go to pbs.org to find out" :roflmao:
I know a lot of birds and even mammals will practice "mounting" with play partners regardless of sex. And adult same-sex pairings aren't uncommon for budgies, right?
I think that's right, I see lots of males being paired together but not females though

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Females are more territorial & don't pair well with other females even if there is not a male around.
Female female bonds are not as common as male bond pairs.
Males are more of a whomever is available will do kind of mentality.

:rofl:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
The grabbing thing is more like an attention getter that threatening. It's like the human hand on the shoulder - it gets attention. It's not an attack, it's not domination.
Mounting, or treading is common too, even in the younger budgies. Again it's not a threat or domination.
All I see in the video is normal budgie interactions. Leave them to it.

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
The grabbing thing is more like an attention getter that threatening. It's like the human hand on the shoulder - it gets attention. It's not an attack, it's not domination.
Mounting, or treading is common too, even in the younger budgies. Again it's not a threat or domination.
All I see in the video is normal budgie interactions. Leave them to it.
Thank you so much! :heart: