• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I think Maddie might lay an egg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Maddie has been very nesty lately. I've tried not to touch her at all (she doesn't like head scratches, so I'm trying not to make her think I am mating with her). This really hasn't detered her at all! She tries to nest in my shirt all the time, I keep taking her out, and try to keep her form going in, but she's very determined. She's also finding other places to nest in the bird room. SO anyways, this morning she has a swollen butt and it's kind of squishy. Is she getting ready to lay an egg? She's acting completely normal, pooping ok and everything. Can I do anything to help?

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
:eek::eek::eek:
I used to put a bowl with warm water for Sunkist in her cage. She loved it. I think it will help.:o:

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Forgot I posted this. LOL
She doesn't like baths in big bowls, I've tried the shower, spray bottle, shallow bowl, and they only place she'll bathe is in her water dish! :hehe:
Should I allow her/encourage her to nest now that she is getting ready to lay one? Should I be worried about egg boundness? How common is it? How long does it take to develop before she lays it?

Status
Not open for further replies.