• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I think I have to rehome my Poppy...

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Aww, Poppy sounds so sweet! I know it must have been hard to rehome her, but that was very kind and thoughtful of you to make that sacrifice so she could live a better life :) I would take her in a flat second, she sounds like the perfect bird! Unfortunately, however, we just started fostering some bunnies, so that would be impossible :( I really hope that Poppy will find/has found the perfect home! You are a very loving bird owner :sadhug2:

Gav

Strolling the yard
It's always difficult to decide what's best for our beloved babies~ I've been in a similar situation before, and it's agonizing. I've been looking for a conure for a while to join the family, whether permanent or temporary, and I'd like to possibly help you. I'm up in Washington, so I'm not too far away and would love to make room for her. I will fill out the form to the best of my ability and send it to you as a private message.

I've always had a soft spot for conures. My first bird ever was a green cheek named Mouse and I miss her dearly every day. If I were to take poppy in, it would be in hopes that you can take her back as soon as you're ready for her. I have two lovebirds in my place currently that I'm fostering, but as enjoyably feisty as they are, I've yet to bond to them the same as I have with other birds I've met, and definitely nothing like what I had with Mouse. I wish I had a nice photo of her to share, but I didn't own a phone for the longest time since I was just a kid, so I have very few photos hiding in my old phone somewhere.

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would love to hear any updates with poppy if possible @elitys