• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I Think I’m Seeing Blue?

Fisheyy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kristen
So, my timid little white winged parakeet has a pair of flight feathers coming in which is exciting! (Even though he has yet to venture out of the cage to really try flying anywhere).
To my surprise they look blue! Well dark blue/green. I actually found a small one in his cage a bit ago and could not figure out where it came from. It’s blue on one side and green on the other. Both super dark where you almost can’t tell it’s not all green until the light hits it just the right way.
From what I read they shouldn’t really have any blue... just green white and yellow.
One other odd thing is that his feathers are all trimmed in grey. I saw a few posts about stress bars and am wondering if that’s what it could be. I know another member has posted pics of her white winged parakeet and she is much greener.
I guess I’m just talking out loud here, but any thoughts or experiences are appreciated.
I do have a pic, which are hard to get because the phone also makes him nervous. (And I am working on better perches, he does have a Japanese maple one that’s up higher in the cage, hopefully replacing another this weekend) 9449D824-6FAE-46BB-A45E-2354194C4258.jpeg

xjessicar9

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jess
Fiona has some blue in her feathers too! It's really pretty :)