• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I tell you, they really do understand

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
The latest round of checkups has gone very well. The whole flock is healthy, but Angel is officially overweight at 45 grams and Dustie is close behind at 41.
So I sat down to have a serious chat with them. They all sat and listened (including the finch pair) as I explained that if they didn't make any effort to change their habits I'd have to force a diet upon them. And they listened.
Chop and Top's usage has literally doubled over the past 4 days, other pellets have also increased, and I'm throwing so much seed away I'm thinking of just going with a basic mix rather than the relatively more expensive blend I give them now.
Whether I keep offering them seed or swap for soaked is up in the air. They'll all readily eat soaked and sprouts but I still want them to have some "au naturel".
It's a bit of a quandary, but a great place to be right now.
But be careful what you say to them.......

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My Jujube has slimmed down, but Jelly? :ummmm:

So they are now on a very strict, weighed out diet of only 10 to 15% of their intended body weight (not what Jelly actually weighs!). They are not amused!

I'm so happy your entire flock has a clean bill of health!!

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
My Jujube has slimmed down, but Jelly? :ummmm:

So they are now on a very strict, weighed out diet of only 10 to 15% of their intended body weight (not what Jelly actually weighs!). They are not amused!

I'm so happy your entire flock has a clean bill of health!!
How much do J&J weigh?
I have no idea why C&C are not fat lol

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
It always makes me laugh when I'm on the phone and talking about them, and they sit staring a hole through me. Also when they start squawking at the top of their little lungs while I'm on phone! But what REALLY freaks me out is if I'm only thinking to myself things like - hmmm... they never play with that toy (and it has been months) and later in the day - BOOM, they are playing with that certain toy like it's the best one ever! Ok... mind readers? I think not, but it really does make you wonder! :roflmao: