• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent I stepped on my quail by accident, plz help!

emmading

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Emma
So my quail, (chipper) was sitting on the ground and i stepped without looking. There was something under my feet. I looked and was horrified to fine my quail there. He ran around the backyard and hid under the bikes. Is it now the next day and he still jumps around, and is pretty energetic. But he still closes his eyes and sleeps a lot. Is this a sign of sickness?

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I would take him to your vet ASAP

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Hi Emma, if you think your quail is behaving out of the norm he could very well have internal injuries caused by being stepped on. I think he needs a good check up by an Avian vet to rule out any serious issues.

emmading

Real Name
Emma
I cant take him to the vet because of covid 19. is there any way i can just check him at home?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Have you checked? Most vets around the world were still taking patients in their hardest hit times with covid. Actually I took my dog to the vet during covid and many others here have used AV's during covid

Reactions: tka

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I cant take him to the vet because of covid 19. is there any way i can just check him at home?
How are you going to check your bird at home? Does he appear to be injured? I've taken my dog to the vet twice recently.... they don't allow people to go inside at all. Staff greet you outside, at your car and acknowledge you are there just as they would when you go inside and sit and wait.... only you wait in your car outside until someone comes to retrieve your pet. One day I sat three hours in my car. The last time I sat 6 hours.... because I didn't have an appointment and my dog needed to be seen.

emmading

Real Name
Emma
mmm true, but i honestly think he's fine, just sleeping some more than he usual does. But he wakes up very early in the morning.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
mmm true, but i honestly think he's fine, just sleeping some more than he usual does. But he wakes up very early in the morning.
Any bird that has been stepped on should absolutely see the vet ASAP. That’s the very least you ought to do for him.