• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent I squished my baby canary WHAT DO I DO??

Canarymoo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
bird
My canary is only 1 month old he barely learned to eat and relies on his parents to feed him but today my father gave me him to bring home, so I did. I was on my bed, the canary right beside me and I lay back down with my elbow close to him. I herd a cream and he flew. He started to breathe rapidly I tried doing CPR it kinda worked but then he keeps on doing it. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!? PLEASE HELP I DONT WANT HIM TO DIE I GOT HIM TODAY.

Canarymoo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
bird
hello I really need help my bird is going
to die

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Sorry I can't help you, but post this in the 911 part of the forum, you may get answers sooner.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB

Canarymoo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
bird
where do I press IM TOO YOUNG TO CALL 911

Canarymoo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
bird
I was given a 1-month-old baby canary I went home and put the baby on my bed as I laid down I put my elbow close to the bird and suddenly I heard a scream from the bird, I feel like I squished him but I'm not sure if I did. He is breathing rapidly and I don't know how to feed him. please help

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
If your bird is truly dying right now, then your only choice is to go to the vet immediately. I'm sorry I don't have much to add beyond that. Don’t attempt CPR again, that's likely to do as much harm as crushing the bird in the first place.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Take your bird to an avian vet.

Canarymoo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
bird
his heart is still pulsing and i put him in a box with fabric so he can sleep. if I try t open his beak to feed him I cant what can I can I do ?

Canarymoo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
bird
how do i know if he has no internal injuries

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you know for a fact that you squished him or did you just hear him scream and fly? Could he just be freaked out? I'm honestly kind of worried that you're doing more harm trying to do CPR and feed him in a panic.

Canarymoo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
bird
idk if i squished him but he did fly and scream