• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I saw this add today on CL and I can't believe it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heather
Lovebirds - little gems

I don't know that much about lovebirds but I'm pretty sure that once you move the eggs and the hen she wont want to lay on them anymore. Something about being nervous from moving her. (I think I read that somewhere!) Plus it looks like if the price is right she will just give these parent fed lovies to ANYONE willing to pay for them even with out hand feeding experience or knowledge on how to hand feed them. She also has an add for a Quaker parrot that she doesn't want any more. I really wished I had the room for them! It's sad............

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
:omg: Poor babies:( You are so right to be concerned. Too bad for the birds this person is indeed not concerned at all for their wellfare. :(

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Sometimes, even though i know i shouldn't, i find it hard to believe that some people honestly don't care.

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
I seen an add on CL in my area a few days ago of a lady trying to sell 25 day old babys!!!! I replied to her, & made a reply on CL that they do NOT wean that early etc. I cannot believe some fools.

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
That is awfully inexpensive for all those lovely birds. I pray they find a loving, proper home.

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
I can't believe there are 5 lovebirds in the little cage. I flipped out when I saw 2 lovies in a cage that size on CL the other day. I posted a HUGE reply on appropriate cage size, toys, etc for lovebirds. Hopefully a few people will read it.
RE: Smart beautiful birds - take me home (LOVEBIRDS)

Heather

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heather
Not to mention they are letting this pair breed back to back in this cage. There are 5 more eggs that the female is sitting on!

cgreenaway

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
That is so sad. I wish I could rescue them all but already have too many. And I agree cage size is very important and they need a lot more room than that. Poor little babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.