• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need to find a new home for Axel

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I have been putting this off, it is breaking my heart, but I know he needs more than I can give him. We have had Axel for almost three years now. We got him the Sept. of 2020. He is hand shy and will bite. He will step up on a stick(with a hand shield because he WANTS to make you bleed)I have young grand children and I have taken every precaution but it is now impossible to keep him in a different room form Clemmy(my peach front conure). This is so hard and I am broken hearted (please no judgment )but my grand kids safety and Clemmy’s have to come first.
I am asking a re home fee of $900. But am willing to negotiate to the right home.
Life has been very busy and I have not post for quite some time, but I know this group has wonderful people who love their fids ❤ I am located in Ontario, Canada. He will come with his cage and stand. I am happy to answer any questions. 539CAE28-5FF5-4F63-B9CE-65C80F6F4E04.jpeg

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I’m sorry you have to make this difficult decision. It happens. I rehomed a ringneck that hated me for no reason I could figure.

I’d love to have a grey someday but I’m in the northern Midwest u.s. and cannot come get him. I hope you find a home for him. If he dislikes all humans maybe he would do well in an aviary or sanctuary?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a handsome boy he is. I'm so very sorry that you've had to come to this difficult decision. I sincerely hope that you'll be able to find him a wonderful home.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I hope you find the perfect home. So sorry it didn't work out.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I'm so sorry to hear! That's so heartbreaking. I hope you find the happiest home for him :sadhug2:

EagleClem

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I’m sorry you have to make this difficult decision. It happens. I rehomed a ringneck that hated me for no reason I could figure.

I’d love to have a grey someday but I’m in the northern Midwest u.s. and cannot come get him. I hope you find a home for him. If he dislikes all humans maybe he would do well in an aviary or sanctuary?

EagleClem

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Yes, I am considering this. It isn’t that he dislikes humans. He loves me and our family he just does not like hands. He talks to us and makes us laugh. I love him so much and am crying even thinking of having to say good bye.

EagleClem

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
What a handsome boy he is. I'm so very sorry that you've had to come to this difficult decision. I sincerely hope that you'll be able to find him a wonderful home.
Thank you so much

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I may be rehoming one of my parrots because I’m having other health issues and too tired to give two birds who must be separated their own time and attention. I worry that they’d each like to be a single bird and the sole attention focus.

the problem is that the Meyers who I may rehome has really turned around in the last two months. She will lay on her back in my hand now and let me kiss her tummy. She’s been so much less startling and then biting. That was the big problem before. Seemed like everything was upsetting and any upset meant I got nipped. So I got very good at knowing what upset her but shes

I’m talking with a college student who was searching for a poicephalus but they have not contacted me for a week. So I’m wondering if it may be off. I think they wanted to bring her down into a tavern to socialize and i Indicated that might be a bit much.

It is a hard decision.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I may be rehoming one of my parrots because I’m having other health issues and too tired to give two birds who must be separated their own time and attention. I worry that they’d each like to be a single bird and the sole attention focus.

the problem is that the Meyers who I may rehome has really turned around in the last two months. She will lay on her back in my hand now and let me kiss her tummy. She’s been so much less startling and then biting. That was the big problem before. Seemed like everything was upsetting and any upset meant I got nipped. So I got very good at knowing what upset her but shes

I’m talking with a college student who was searching for a poicephalus but they have not contacted me for a week. So I’m wondering if it may be off. I think they wanted to bring her down into a tavern to socialize and i Indicated that might be a bit much.

It is a hard decision.
I'm so sorry to hear that you maybe facing this decision as well. It's just so unfair all around.

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
I'm sorry you have to find him a new home and wish you luck. We too have a biter. He is a fun character but soon will have to give him eye drops and NOT looking forward to that!! I hope you find him a good home that accepts him as he is. And on a side note, we have a peach front also! Don't see many of them out there... :)