• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need someone smart.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I'm not being self deprecating when I say this - I am dumb when it comes to building/designing things. I don't know the tools or accessories needed to put things together.

I have this rope. It's a long rope. How to I attach it to things (like a wall) to make it stay? How do I keep the ends together? It's very easy to untwist it, it's very loose.

I want to make a little "rope highway"... Or something... I'm trying to make the bird room more fun. But I guess my imagination is better for world building than realistic design.

@owlsthetic you made a crazy room of stuff. Do you know what to do?

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Vet wrap and zip ties do a lot of heavy lifting around here :lol:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm not being self deprecating when I say this - I am dumb when it comes to building/designing things. I don't know the tools or accessories needed to put things together.

I have this rope. It's a long rope. How to I attach it to things (like a wall) to make it stay? How do I keep the ends together? It's very easy to untwist it, it's very loose.

I want to make a little "rope highway"... Or something... I'm trying to make the bird room more fun. But I guess my imagination is better for world building than realistic design.

@owlsthetic you made a crazy room of stuff. Do you know what to do?
Haha technically I didn't make most of the stuff I use. Just put them together LOL

I did use PVC caps for the ends of a untreated sisal rope I bought previously. Drilled a ss eye bolt into the caps and used hot glue gun to secure the ends of the rope inside

I bought most of the other rope boings though since putting wire into the rope just seemed like too much work

I can't really drill holes in the wall since I rent so I use a tension hanger to hang ropes and toys which has been a gamechanger for me, especially since you can move it/adjust it without leaving any holes, etc which I already have done like twice already

Also if you haven't already putting ropes/perches on top of the cages also creates more perching play areas

I also have like three table playstands which gave been super convenient to move and clean around and they always have at least one or two stands to hang out on while I'm cleaning

I find it really helps to ziptie things first (boings, toys, ropes) and see how you like things. You can change it at anytime with zipties so I say just go for it first and you can modify things as you go :D

Also look through the Feathered Estates stuff! I took a lot of inspiration from there. Toys or ropes I wanted to hang, etc

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
@owlsthetic @Mizzely how would you "seal" or tie off rope ends like this? Like I said, they're suuuuuuper loose

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Vet wrap and zip ties, as I said lol. There's a zip tie under the puff that I have a quick link looped through.

PXL_20230507_192246828.jpg

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
A stainless steel hose clamp and a stainless steel ring and your done.

IMG_2466.jpeg

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
@owlsthetic @Mizzely how would you "seal" or tie off rope ends like this? Like I said, they're suuuuuuper loose
Here's how mine looks with the PVC cap

20230507_171404.jpg

I really just super glued it and I haven't had any issues with it coming loose so far but my birds don't really mess around with itthe cap (I'm not sure it would be Isadora-proof). I would definitely secure it like Shawna or John first before putting it in the PVC cap if I had to do it again.

Here's my little cage too perch area that's still a WIP if you need any ideas whatnot. Nets are also really fun to have hanging if llk don't already have one! I heard it's tough on the hands to make though!

20230507_171347.jpg

TheFatBIRB

Walking the driveway
Real Name
David
Its kind of hard to see but you can see the ropes are connected with carabiners and hooks to the walls. ;)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Iwant to make a little "rope highway"
:shocking: I came here to search for the same, exact thing! I even had the word "highway" in mind! :joyful:

The goffins girls day cages are in the room next to our living room. When Luv Bug wants to come over she flies, but that doesn't occur to my poor Puffin.

Definitely watching this thread to see any wall solutions. :popcorn2: I think I'm going to stay away from ceiling ideas for now as hubby pointed out that I'd never get Bug in her cage before work. :meh:

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I went with boings and zipties in the end for most of the cagetop... way easier to work with than trying to screw on perches from inside their cages. Still a WIP though I still need to get it decorated with toys and whatnot... hoping I'll be able to get that done over the weekend 1000016029.jpg

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I went with boings and zipties in the end for most of the cagetop... way easier to work with than trying to screw on perches from inside their cages. Still a WIP though I still need to get it decorated with toys and whatnot... hoping I'll be able to get that done over the weekend View attachment 430751
Looking good :)