• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need prayer warriors here for JJ

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
We had an accident tonight. I came home, one of the dogs pushed the garage door open and he ran out. JJ is Mom's cat he's been here while she is healing for her accident.

We searched all over, Dave went to get in his car and backed up and the car almost didn't budge. He went forward and JJ flew out, tried to jump a 4 ft fence and I grabbed him. Ran into the house checking him over. His breathing sounded horrible, and his eyes looked all out of shape, dazed or damaged.

We scooped him up and off to the ER. He has mo broken bones, no internal bleeding from organs, but some bruising and hemorrhage in one lung.

We got a better update, could get worse the next few hours! Please, please pray for him! He was supposed to go home to my Mom tomorrow. I think his fat self helped save his life tonight.

I am better we saw him and his eyes were bright. He's on oxygen and IV and pain meds. He has to be okay for my Mom, so please pray for him to come home to us.

Feeling like a total failure, he's what my Mom says she is sticking around for!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Prayers up.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am mad, crushed all at the same time! Mad the door wasn't latched shut. Angry that he got hurt, he is her everything. So he's not going home to her. Now I have to tell her he's in the ER. She was so excited he was coming home tomorrow. What a let down. I do not think he was run over, maybe knocked by the front tire, and rolled over by the plastic air damn under the car.

I will be up at 6 am and will call to check on him. He meowed at us, his eyes were normal and bright.

Just praying his lung begins to heal tonight. We are lucky, they didn't say critical, but it can worsen overnight. God please hear my calling that my little brother will be okay.

I feel like a failure. I know accidents happen. It shouldn't have happened!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Oh no!! Prayer for a full recovery!! And no no no, your not a failure, don't think that.
Accidents happen unfortunately.
Let's go forward with prayers and healing.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Tomorrow is going to be so hard telling her he got hurt. I just can't believe this happened. He didn't go far. We searched, flashlights under the car, called him and not a peep.

Dave was going to drive around that's when it went bad. Atleast we found him, in a bad way.

I am wired, can't even think about sleep right now. I think I need a shot of Crown! Then to try to get some sleep if I even can.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oh dear Claire... I'm sending giant positive thoughts. Try to be calm for him. You're mom will understand that accidents happen. If he isn't hurt too badly and can move about ok then maybe he can still go to your mother's and they can heal together..

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
JJ will pull through, he's already improving. You are absolutely not a failure. :bluhug: Prayers for a speedy recovery. :angel1:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh no! I´m so sorry he got hurt, I´m sure your mum will understand, accidents happen. Like Andrea said, hopefully they can go home together and rest well and heal together. Sending positive thoughts and hoping for a speedy recovery

:hug9:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sending prayers!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
The attending ER Vet called around 7. He's stable, still has some rapid breathing considering one of the 3 lung lobes has the contusion.

There are no broken bones, no other internal injuries. He may have just hss a very hard bump to his chest. The Vet said his size saved him for sure. They think he might be able to come home to me in the afternoon. He's in oxygen still to see how he continues.

I will check back with them around noon. If he needs pain meds, I am not sure my Mom can give that to him. As for him going to her, not for another few days. I am off until Black Friday so I have time to be around him.

Dave texted me and said he wants to call my Mom to tell her. I told him if he felt strongly about telling her, then do it. He feels so bad because he was driving thr car.

Thank you all! This has been so traumatic to me. He's so cherished by her and nothing worse then having someone else's baby get hurt in your care.