• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent I need help !!!

Sugar

Moving in
Real Name
Salma
So my cockatiel she has been fine the last two weeks I feed her right and everything was going fine ( btw this is the first time ever I see sth like this ) .But all of a sudden I started to find some kind of slippery poop and she isn’t eating or drinking right she most probably sleeps all the time ! First I thought it was a polyuria but when I searched more they said it was a bacterial infection also she sometimes itches/cleans down there and in the mean time there isn’t any close vet open . WHAT SHOULD I DO ? I am just worried because she’s sleepy not eating nor drinking and that’s not okay ( alsooo I clean her cage every 3 weeks max so don’t understand what’s is the problem and whether that’s even poop or what ?)

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Is a vet check up an option?

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
It does sound like she is sick. I would look for an avian vet and make an appointment.

Sugar

Moving in
Real Name
Salma
It does sound like she is sick. I would look for an avian vet and make an appointment.
I just wanted to know how can I help her fi now until I find a good one bec we don’t have here good vets for parrots

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Your cage needs cleaning much more frequently than every three weeks. Daily cleaning is the best to keep bacteria down.
It sounds like you need to get your bird seen by a vet who is the only person that can really help when our birds become ill like you say yours is.

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
and in the mean time there isn’t any close vet open . WHAT SHOULD I DO ?
As others have stated, see a vet and PRONTO! Expand your search area until you find someone who can see your bird.

Not drinking with diarrhea will kill any animal within days (even us humans!)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
she’s sleepy not eating nor drinking and that’s not okay
Has she eaten anything yet? Drinking water?

If not, get a pipette and try to slowly drop some droplets of water on the side of her beak so it gently goes in.
Try softening the food, or offering her favourite foods.

Be sure she´s getting some good rest and not being disturbed too often with loud noises or commotion.

Until she is better, keep searching for a vet. Calling any vets, even just cat/dog ones and asking who you can take your bird to may yield some results.

I´ve moved this thread to the 911 emergency forum. Maybe others will have additional advice. But we can only give you tips on care while waiting to see the vet. You won´t get a solution here as it´s just not possible.

I hope your bird will be ok.

Sugar

Moving in
Real Name
Salma
Your cage needs cleaning much more frequently than every three weeks. Daily cleaning is the best to keep bacteria down.
It sounds like you need to get your bird seen by a vet who is the only person that can really help when our birds become ill like you say yours is.
okayyy u actually cleaned her today a got called a vet and most probably I’ll get her a medicine ! But thanks so much for your advice

Sugar

Moving in
Real Name
Salma
Has she eaten anything yet? Drinking water?

If not, get a pipette and try to slowly drop some droplets of water on the side of her beak so it gently goes in.
Try softening the food, or offering her favourite foods.

Be sure she´s getting some good rest and not being disturbed too often with loud noises or commotion.

Until she is better, keep searching for a vet. Calling any vets, even just cat/dog ones and asking who you can take your bird to may yield some results.

I´ve moved this thread to the 911 emergency forum. Maybe others will have additional advice. But we can only give you tips on care while waiting to see the vet. You won´t get a solution here as it´s just not possible.

I hope your bird will be ok.
Nope she doesn’t want I try getting small drops of water to at least drink or feel the water from my finger. I called a vet and he said it might be a bacteria and she’ll need a medicine .Thank youuuu so much for you help.

Sugar

Moving in
Real Name
Salma
As others have stated, see a vet and PRONTO! Expand your search area until you find someone who can see your bird.

Not drinking with diarrhea will kill any animal within days (even us humans!)
Yes I totally understand if called a vet and he said it’s kind of bacteria so she neeeds medicine . I am really thankful for your advice