• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need help!!

Bbybleu

Moving in
Real Name
Tanya
So I’ve had my male budgie for almost a year now and I want to know if I should get a second one. My budgie, Bleu, has a strong bond with me but I’m scared that if I get another budgie, he won’t like me anymore. Is this true? Can someone help me?

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
I always had a strong bond with my first budgie Oliver and it still stands today after getting a new budgie a year ago.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
This is a concern that many budgie people express. I really do not believe it is true. Your lone budgie will benefit in many ways from having a same species friend. Try to find one that is about same age and size. What gender is your budgie?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Tanya! 1.welcome signs.gif

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:welcometrain:

Your budgie would probably enjoy bird company & could benefit when you are not able to be with them. The bond could change to include the new budgie but that's a healthy bond.
Your budgie can keep his bond with you but it could change to include the new budgie if they bond closely. That is a healthy bird bond but your budgie should still want interactions with you but might not want as much or be as needy.

You could have 2 budgies & relax more about having to be everything in the world to your budgie.

Budgies in general are very social & benefit from a budgie companion.

Still no way of knowing if the budgies will get along as there is a chance they may not though not too likely.

Just can't predict the future so do whats best for you & your budgie & be aware of the possible situations that may arise that you might lose some affection or even have to house the birds separately in case they don't like each other.

Good Luck