• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I NEED HELP PLEASE, baby in my ¨garden¨

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I am hoping he will be ok too!! I can´t imagine being him. Quite the ordeal, I´m sure :(

I´m still really sad about the rejection we received from the ¨animal loving¨ foundations etc. A life is a life is it not? :(

It annoys me more because I live in Malaga, the dove is very special here, apart from being the symbol of peace, it was the muse for many of Pablo Picassos creations. There is a large room dedicated to them in the museum.

I will have to rise early enough to give this tablet in the morning before hopefully the parents return. I´m a little worried about the pill but I will do it as he showed me with no hesitation :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I had a similar issue with a young rabbit several years ago. We were about to drive out of our apartment complex at the time when we saw the neighbor's cats harassing a rabbit. They had injured the leg and were toying with it :( Grabbed a cat carrier and put the poor thing in. We then proceeded to call every one we could think of, state, county, vets, etc. No one would take it. They told me to put it in a bush outside with some water and let nature take its course.

I kept it alive for a day or two before it died :( I still feel so bad for that little life that no one besides me cared about.

Last edited:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I had a similar issue with a young rabbit several years ago. I kept it alive for a day or two before it died :( I still feel so bad for that little life that no one besides me cared about.
At least he was safe and not scared for his last days. :bluhug:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I had a similar issue with a young rabbit several years ago. We were about to drive out of our apartment complex at the time when we saw the neighbor's cats harassing a rabbit. They had injured the leg and were toying with it :( Grabbed a cat carrier and put the poor thing in. We then proceeded to call every one we could think of, state, county, vets, etc. No one would take it. They told me to put it in a bush outside with some water and let nature take its course.

I kept it alive for a day or two before it died :( I still feel so bad for that little life that no one besides me cared about.

That´s really sad :(
I don´t understand how people can just say no. They have charities and foundations to house and treat animals... so why do some get taken in and others not? :(
When we started getting no help over the phone, call after call, it quickly became clear that we would have to take the bird to a vet and pay the bill ourselves. Finding a vet wasn´t easy. We got no help with that either. I wish my vet wasn´t on holiday, but oh well. I´m glad my boyfriend found a vet with a heart who saw to this little guy AND pushed him to the front of the queue. It did remind me that not all people are bad :)
I was upset after I left him there for the surgery. I felt like no one cared about this little bird, and I didn´t know if he´d make it but my dad called me asking about him, and then I got messages from everyone here.
I was quite relieved driving home with him knowing he should be ok :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

That´s really sad :(
I don´t understand how people can just say no. They have charities and foundations to house and treat animals... so why do some get taken in and others not? :(
When we started getting no help over the phone, call after call, it quickly became clear that we would have to take the bird to a vet and pay the bill ourselves. Finding a vet wasn´t easy. We got no help with that either. I wish my vet wasn´t on holiday, but oh well. I´m glad my boyfriend found a vet with a heart who saw to this little guy AND pushed him to the front of the queue. It did remind me that not all people are bad :)
I was upset after I left him there for the surgery. I felt like no one cared about this little bird, and I didn´t know if he´d make it but my dad called me asking about him, and then I got messages from everyone here.
I was quite relieved driving home with him knowing he should be ok :)

I was fully intent on paying a vet bill when I saw no one was going to help me. Even with money, no one wanted to help :( It was heartbreaking! I am so glad you were able to get further than me :heart:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:yourock:I hope the parents feed him tomorrow and that he makes a full recovery! That vet is awesome. I think if something happened here I would have a hard time finding a vet or anyone else that would help. It just doesn’t make sense though. I can’t edit for more updates!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I wonder how the baby got a hole in his crop...
I would love to know! I thought it was a cut. I have only handled the bird a couple of time to move him to safer places etc so when I saw there wasa wound I just observed, I saw what appeared to be white pus. It seemed like a cut. I was shocked when the vet cleaned the bird and showed me.
I´m imagining that was soo painful! :(

Screenshot_20190824_012248_com.android.gallery3d.jpg here's a pic from earlier, I've put it small so you don't have to look if you don't want to.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you for helping the little one. Sending positive thoughts that he/she will heal quickly.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
My options were ; Put him to sleep, or surgery requiring anaesthetic.
Thank you for doing the right thing. ♥♥♥

When you said it was a sad update, I didn't want to read anymore, because I thought that the vet put it to sleep. Tell that vet from me that he/she is my hero!
Hope fully the parents will come back.
They will! Baby will call them and they will come. Just make sure their is seed available too. You don't need to soak them, wet is fine too. (and a bowl with dry too)
If you think that their is some problem with pain, you can boil the seeds, just some minutes will make them easier for the crop to handle.
You can arrange some lower perches (natural tree) so the baby can sit, and getting use to grip. That would help her/him a lot.
I am so happy baby found her way to your balcony instead of someone else's :)
And so am I! :)

A life is a life is it not? :(
Before you become a member here I had Avila that has broken her wing really bad. (that I found when I was trail running) None wanted to help me, everyone said that I should put her to sleep because it's illegal in my country to have wild animals at home. And if I couldn't do it, they should do it for me.
But I couldn't let them kill her, so I with help from members here (you know who you are! ♥♥♥ ) that both encourage me and also helped me with her wing, let her stayed.
You will always know what to do in those situations. First I planned to leave Avila where I found here, but I couldn't do it. I let my heart decide, and then it can never be wrong.

Thank you Zara! :) To read all this really made my day, that until now was good, but now became perfect! ♥

One of my outside doves is sunbathing here, and for me this life is valuable. I love my doves! ♥

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I would love to know! I thought it was a cut. I have only handled the bird a couple of time to move him to safer places etc so when I saw there wasa wound I just observed, I saw what appeared to be white pus. It seemed like a cut. I was shocked when the vet cleaned the bird and showed me.
I´m imagining that was soo painful! :(

View attachment 313544 here's a pic from earlier, I've put it small so you don't have to look if you don't want to.
Wow! From an educated guess, could be early " canker" that you caught early! Again, thank you helping!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Good morning - It´s 8am. I gave the medicine 15 mins ago, much easier than I thought it would be. I can hear doves cooing somewhere. The chick has started to call.

@Eloy Thankyou for telling me about Avila. I´m enjoying reading all the wild bird stories in this thread, it keeps the hope alive :)
I told the vet that we really appreciated everything he did for us. He was also saddened that noone else helped us.

From an educated guess, could be early " canker" that you caught early
The vet said something like ¨Totura¨ (? meaning totum) I´m really unsure how this happened :(

I just saw a dove fly by very close... I hope they heard the cries...

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Whew! I was worried he meant tortura
Yea same. I was like what? And he wrote it on the sheet so I saw it wasn't tortura but I'm sure it probably was for the poor little guy.
I couldn't quite remember the word and I just saw an acquaintance of my boyfriend say it.

Anyway, one for the happy bank,
IMG_20190824_093625.jpg :)