• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I NEED HELP PLEASE, baby in my ¨garden¨

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
How many of you have driven along a road with gorgeous houses? And then you think or say out loud if I live in that house I could have so many birds as a rescue haven or something like that. And then you could have hired bird keepers to feed and clean the messes.
Never thought about bird keepers, but the rest..? every day! :D

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It´s 2.15pm now. Hopefully I will be going to the vet in a few hours with Pepper. It´s quite cloudy today, so at least I have that in my favour because this vet is across the road from the beach and parking was tough last time.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So the vet says he's healing well!! :starshower1:

I asked about the stitches because I was unsure, they looked metal. He said that it is thread but the metal spray makes it look like that. The spray helps healing. Anyway, he said that if Pepper is still around in a week then bring him back and he'll remove the stitches, if not then they will come out as he gets older.
The vet didn't charge me consult fee, I went at a really quiet time of the day too because I knew he wouldn't charge me full cost. So that was extremely kind of him.

When I arrived home, mum and dad were having a tea party on my balcony :lol:

Any day now he'll be away... :)
I just hope he returns every now and then for some food or water...

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
❤❤ aaaw that’s fantastic news all around! Yay Pepper!! ❤❤

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yes, I´m so pleased. The vet kept calling Pepper ¨she¨... maybe we should get birdy gender psychic @Eloy to see what she thinks :lol:

One of the parents have returned to snack some more. It´s getting to the point where I wouldn´t be surprised if it´s not the parents and they are spreading the word that there´s good grub up here :roflmao:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I was wondering where the parenta have been... So I went outside..

IMG_20190829_195737.jpg

IMG_20190829_195743.jpg

Fun fact, my friend lives in the two flats over there with the hole in the balcony wall and he always tells me my birds are so noisy :roflmao:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I love that Pepper is going to be okay! What an awesome vet, he deserves some homemade cookies or something...
That’s a great picture of you at the park with some friends, and I think your friend across the way needs his ears examined lol!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I get so worried about the Canada geese here. I know they're invasive, but they like to cross the road with their entire family of babies and asking cars to slow down and wait.... You know not everyone cares that they're living creatures. And asking people to wait 5 seconds!?
I saw this and knew it would make you smile ;)

MAKE WAY FOR DUCKS: Motorists in Maine patiently waited for dozens of ducks to make their way safely across the road—even down to the last two stragglers. https://abcn.ws/2yJ0jae

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Isn't it like in English when some undefined gender would be called a "She" by default?
No. In English there´s no default and usually an animal of unknown gender is referred to as it. Eg. ¨The cat plays with it´s ball in the garden.¨

In Spain, Every animal already has a gender ¨assigned¨ because the actual word is feminine or masculine.
For example, Elefante (elephant) is masculine. Jirafa (Giraffe) is feminine.
Pigeon is Paloma, and Dove is Tortola - both are feminine. So when talking about the animal without knowing it´s gender it would be reffered to by ¨it¨ but here we have masculine or feminine ¨it¨ - ¨El¨ male or ¨Ella¨ female. There is no masculine/feminine neutral ¨it¨ word here.
My mobile phone is male, my house is female, my table is female, my shoes are male, my eyes are male, birds are male if talking about ¨birds¨.
Dogs are good, because they have two words, one for feminine and one for macsuline, same for chickens.
So linguistics made him call Pepper ¨She¨.

BTW, is there a way to visually sex doves? The parents look the same ...

Last edited: