• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need good ways to occupy my bird with something fun!

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
Hello!
I need to some good recommendations on something fun I can do with my birds. I want to do some more different like try a new birb recipe or do something really engaging and interactive. Something that will make them excited to play. They have many toys, perches, a large cage, etc as well as training to do tricks almost everyday. I am looking for fun recipes, cool toy ideas, foraging toys for outside time, etc. What do you do to keep your bird active and playing? I don’t ever want my two budgie to be bored! So, any suggestions?

Last edited:

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
Some birds like parrot tv which is a youtube channel or a good song

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
Some birds like parrot tv which is a youtube channel or a good song
Oh that seem fun. I will check that channel out and try it with them. I’ll see how it goes! Thanks for your reply!

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Training through the tunnel using my hand was really fun, also you can make great toys with bird toy parts from make your own bird toys website. (Let me tell you a secret: it's Soo much more affordable and cheaper and funner)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
something really engaging and interactive
You can make toys together. Lay out the toy parts on a table and let your birds pick the pieces to go on the toy :)
California bird nerds has an enormous selection of toy parts to make things,

You could also make chop together, or treats. I saw Danita post a video making treats with Coco, and it certainly seems like a fun thing to do together.