• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I NEED CAGE OPINIONS!!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
And I'm not paid an endorsement fee or anything. Nor am I a must-endorse-this-mod. I'm just a happy customer.
The mods have zero obligation to endorse AA vendors. ;) Mods were members first and most were happy customers of AA vendors before they become mods is all. In fact, I'm a mod AND a vendor and my entire post had nothing to do with AA vendors :)

On a tangent, vendors here pay a monthly fee to have the privilege to promote themselves, but it's not an "anything goes" club. Every vendor has to survive scrutiny by the admins to be accepted, and if they are found to be acting in an unprofessional or dangerous manner, then they are given the boot.

I recognize that not everyone can or wishes to buy handmade toys for various reasons. Obviously my experience is that handmade toys made by the lovely vendors here are the best use of my toy budget, but no one here in any capacity is encouraged to only promote AA vendors. :)

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That comment was largely for the OP. It could be reassuring to know that there are happy, unofficial vendor customers.

Also, you may not be made to, but mods do act like AA cheerleaders a lot. ;)

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That comment was largely for the OP. It could be reassuring to know that there are happy, unofficial vendor customers.

Also, you may not be made to, but mods do act like AA cheerleaders a lot. ;)

:cheer::cheer::cheer:
I was just confirming that mods are not in any official capacity promoting vendors :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It could be reassuring to know that there are happy, unofficial vendor customers.
Actually, I shop on coolparrots a lot, it´s my go-to now, but there´s not much point in posting about them because no one can order from them, they do not ship outside of Spain.
I buy perches and some toys handmade from a lovely lady in Spain, again no shipping outside of this country.
I´ve also picked up some great stuff from Scarletts over the times, but they are a UK based company, no good for American folks.

I have bought from Be more birds, Kazoo and SSBT and had great shopping experiences with all, my birds loved all the toys and I know Americans can purchase from those sites, so why would I not recommend them?

As for non vendor American sites, I´m sure Planet Pleasures site would be a good option for shreddables. My birds love PP toys, but we don´t order direct because of taxes and import charges. But if you´re in the US I´m sure you´d be happy with the order, their toys are quite nice.

mods do act like AA cheerleaders a lot. ;)
I can´t speak for the other mods, but I´ve read so many threads over the years. People sharing their orders from T4W, Seriously Nutz, LMBT, Cali Bird Nerds and all the other vendors, sharing pictures of their birds enjoying the toys, playing with all the different things and having fun. I trust those good reviews. And so, when I see someone looking for something specific, I will for sure post a link to that vendor site if I think that is what they are looking for.

As a mod on AA, I´m not told to, paid to, or pressured into saying anything. My opinions and thoughts are all my own.

I see Shawna has already addressed this, but as a non-vendor, and a non-US member I just wanted to share my own take on this :)