• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need advice on how to keep her comfortable.

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Some may have seen most probably haven't, but my budgies got into a fight two days ago.
I originally thought the only injury was some bites to Emelia's foot. Last night I discovered she actually has an injury to her wing too. She's still capable of flying but it's clearly uncomfortable for her as she periodically lifts her wings, and I think a flight feather may be out of place too otherwise she just cant preen it back into place. If I had found it earlier yesterday I would have taken her to the vet for pain relief at the least. Now it's Saturday and I don't even have a way to get to the vets today, so I need to know if there's anything I can do to keep her comfortable. Other then being a bit quiet she seems fine, eating and moving about (I can't speak for drinking as most of you are aware budgies dont often drink in front of people).
I am already annoyed at myself for not taking her yesterday when I could have, so I just need advice to help her till Monday/Tuesday.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
awww
Xtra millets!!!
Soak foot in dilute betadine.or soray/mist it.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Oh no! The poor thing. I don't have anything useful to offer that you probably don't already know, but I hope she recovers easily and quickly.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Keep her quiet (restricted area) and happy with food is all I can offer.

If she can still fly and is doing it voluntarily then I would tend to think it is not overly serious and rest and time will sort it out. Monday/Tuesday is not very far away and by the sounds of things she is mostly ok so just try not to kick yourself too much.

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Thanks guys. She's definitely getting extra millet! It's all she had for dinner Thursday night :)
She seems to be doing good now. I've seen her stretch her wings a couple times today, so I hope that means it's not super painful for her.
Her foot is doing good too, I've only been watching it for swelling (because it's her legband foot) but looks fine.