• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need a stand for my cage

greenpeeps

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Laurie O'Brien
I'm not sure if this is the category for my question, but I have a new bird and I already had a cage that is 22" by 17" around.
Underneath the lip that the cage would slip into is 21 1/2 by 16"
I can't find a brand name anyway on the cage. I bought it in about 2016-2017, but my green-cheek conure liked his old cage and not this one, so it wasn't used and was wrapped up in plastic in the garage.
I can't seem to find a stand for this anywhere. It was a standard bird cage, not cheap or anything unusual. It opens at the top, as usual.
I'm using a nice glass table top right now to put it on, which is a table I usually use and it doesn't look good either.
So does anyone have any suggestions if I'm measuring somehow wrong or a place I can get a good table for something like this?
I assumed most cages were standard sizes. When I google stands for a bird cage, most come with the cage or don't fit this cage.
Any suggestions other than investing in a brand new cage right now?

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shannan
Try some thrift stores or if you can find a carpenter, they can probably pop together a table for a reasonable amount. You also might consider contacting a junior high or high school to see if the kids could build you a stand. They love projects like that and often they will do it for just the price of the wood. A high school maybe could even weld you a metal one if you like.