• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need a little help.

Birbman9

Walking the driveway
Real Name
David Oeschger
So a friends mom had 2 Indian Ringnecks and 1 budgie, and unfortunately she died a little while ago and so I have adopted the little lovies. They have been away from their mommy for over a month since they took them away thinking they were making her lung condition worse. So they are deeply missing her.

The on is green and her name is E.T, and there's a white one that's Snowball, and the budgie is "Birdie" E.T was hand raised by her apparently and she's around 14 years i believe.

I've noticed that E.T's wing is looking a bit scruffy and her foot is sore because she doesn't want to stand on it, Could this be self injusry? Because E.T is the only one out of the 3 birds that had a really strong connection with their mommy because the other 2 were rescues.

So I just need some advice to make them all feel loved and safe.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Pictures would be very helpful.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you for adopting these birds! I'm sure your friend's mother would be happy that they've found a caring person to look after them.

Do you know when they last had a check-up with an avian vet? That will help work out if they have any issues with their physical health. E.T. may have injured her foot or may be suffering from arthritis, bumblefoot or other conditions. An avian vet will be able to work out what's going on and offer appropriate treatment.

Birbman9

Walking the driveway
Real Name
David Oeschger
Thank you for adopting these birds! I'm sure your friend's mother would be happy that they've found a caring person to look after them.

Do you know when they last had a check-up with an avian vet? That will help work out if they have any issues with their physical health. E.T. may have injured her foot or may be suffering from arthritis, bumblefoot or other conditions. An avian vet will be able to work out what's going on and offer appropriate treatment.
No I don’t know. As I said they got taken away and the one daughter that took them has a bunch of cats and so I suspect they were in a secluded room, and the lady doesn’t like birds. I noticed there was banana in the cage and I took it out straight away. I’m just worrying what could happen if they did eat some banana?

It seems she just injured her foot.

Another thing I’d like to ask, is that earlier I noticed E.T has a clump of poo surrounding her butt, but she can still poo. I’m wondering if there’s a way I can get it off somehow without having to handle her because she’s very stressed and I don’t want to make her more stressed.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Fruits such as banana, orange, kiwi, melons etc are ok to feed birds in moderation. Vegetables such as peas, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, bok choy, sweet potato etc are very good things to feed the birds.