• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I Miss Peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
I just thought you animal lovers would understand this. Well as you may know I lost Trouble which brought up memories of putting a chinchilla Peeps I raised from birth to sleep. She had to be put to sleep due to malocclusion, loose teeth and gum infections. I has her for 7 years. Every once in a while I really start missing her and it hurts bad. I had to get up every two hours night and day to feed this underweight 49 gram baby, her parents died when she was a week old. I had to carry her everywhere and I even made a pouch so I could have her with me but still use my hands. We bonded so much it was incredible. She was my litter girl and to her I was her mommy. She was so tame she was like a cat. She had tons of attitude and was a little bugger. Peeps was the boss and threw hilarious tantrums jumping up and down. She used to steal everything. We would watch Dr. Phil and movies every day on my bed. She would sometimes crawl under my shirt and go to sleep and I just miss that. I just miss her. She was so loved. I just wish I had more time with her, she was so special. Sometimes I can’t get her out of my mind. Just to hold her one more time. Sorry about the blubbering, I guess I just wanted to post about people who understand the loss of an animal. Trouble brought up all this emotion when I had to euthanize her.

Last edited:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ohhh....I'm sorry you're feeling melancholy. Peeps sure was a little cutie. Sounds like you had a special relationship with her. Is 7 years long for a chin?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
she was very very sweet dear and I am sure will be waiting for you when it is your turn to cross the bridge.:hug8:

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
Ohhh....I'm sorry you're feeling melancholy. Peeps sure was a little cutie. Sounds like you had a special relationship with her. Is 7 years long for a chin?

Thanks! Yes, she was my little cutie pie, she was overweight as you can see. Lol We have an extremely special relationship. We were inseparable. Well chins can live up to 15 years so she was not that old.

she was very very sweet dear and I am sure will be waiting for you when it is your turn to cross the bridge.

Yes, she will be for sure! I will get to see my baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.