• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I met the nicest cockatoo last week

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
I've never had a lot of experience with cockatoos, but I met one last Thursday. Her name is Pari and she's so sweet. She kept spinning and showing off her crest. She was clicking her tongue against her beak and she wanted nothing but to cuddle against your chest. I've never wanted to take a big bird home more. <3

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
I've never had a lot of experience with cockatoos, but I met one last Thursday. Her name is Pari and she's so sweet. She kept spinning and showing off her crest. She was clicking her tongue against her beak and she wanted nothing but to cuddle against your chest. I've never wanted to take a big bird home more. <3
I know that feeling. What kind of Too is she?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
That's how they suck you in. ;) I have honestly never met a cockatoo I didn't like.

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
I actually didn't get to see Pari today, but I met Monte and he was so sweet! He wanted me to pet him underneath his wings which I've never had a bird let me do. So I loved on him for a long time and it made me so happy.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Seems you have fallen in love with the too's

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
Seems you have fallen in love with the too's
LOL. It seems like it! The rescue I'm working at just has a lot of them and they love to make a ruckus when you're cleaning the cages or passing out food or sweeping or doing just about anything! I love them all, and got to see a too choose her new mother today. It was really touching.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
LOL. It seems like it! The rescue I'm working at just has a lot of them and they love to make a ruckus when you're cleaning the cages or passing out food or sweeping or doing just about anything! I love them all, and got to see a too choose her new mother today. It was really touching.
It must be so cool to work at a rescue with birds, I live about 4 hours to the nearest one though.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
It is cool! This one isn't close to me unfortunately. It's over one hundred miles by the end of the day so I can't go but once a week, but I still enjoy it. I hope you can do it someday.
It must be very worth it if you travel that far, I'm going to try one day though to get a job at a rescue :D

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Sweet. Most people have a species they seem to "click" with. Are you hoping to adopt from them one day?