• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I met my first HH last week!

brittneydee

Jogging around the block
So I swung by my favrite local pet store last week to pic up some new toys for Pelphrey and they had a Hawkhead! He is the cutest little guy :heart: He stepped up easily and immediately started mumbling to me. He's an absolute doll! I've been going there for almost 20 years now so I know the owner, and he said he's not for sale - he bought him for his daughter. On one hand I'm sad because he was so sweet. On the other hand I'm really glad because now I'm not tempted to put down a deposit on him. As beautiful as they are in pictures, he was even more beautiful in person! Now I know I definitely want one some day, once we finally sell our house and buy one that can have a deicated bird room. Then I'll have room for two cages (maybe three :hehe:). Until then I'll just visit this little guy as often as I can :cloud9:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Glad you got to finally meet one. I had never even seen one in person until the day I drove to get Cochise. They are magical almost.:starshower:

Crazy Bird Lady

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dal
I saw my first HH in a pet shop also. They had him on a stand by the register. I was totally fascinated by him. They said he had "fallen" for the young man who ran the fish department and he was always trying to get back there to see him. I thought that was so funny:laughing12:. I did a lot of research and decided that a HH was for me. I now know that once they attach to you they will seek you out just like the little HH did in the pet shop to his beloved boy in the fish department. Zoey is my little darling. She is personality plus. I love her to pieces :heart::heart: