• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

i made something!

winniezon

Jogging around the block
i made this out of paper mache and covered it with tissue paper (thank you for the idea @fashionfobie :) ). before you ask, no i don't know what it is supposed to be but it was the only thing i could make using a ballon. maybe i can hang it from somewhere and put food in it or something. any suggestion would be great(even though there is not much left to do with it:laughin:)

p.s i know i have been posting a lot but i am in a birdie mood today ,you know? :birdance:

IMG_0905.jpg IMG_0906.jpg

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Cool!

Check the glue and paper labels you don't want anything toxic getting chewed on.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
My first impulse is to suggest against using this one with the birds. I would consider it a mock-up. You can do paper mache with flour and water this paste will be safe and won't leave you questioning the toxicity.

I haven't tried this person's recipe, I usually make it until it has the texture I am looking for, however it may help you get started.

winniezon

Jogging around the block
Can you post a pic of the ingredients?
there were not ingredients on the glue stick but i found this ;
ngredients in Pritt Stick
Water, potato starch, and sugar: what reads like an ingredients list for baked- goods are actually the main ingredients in Pritt glue sticks. Up to 90 percent (including water) of a Pritt glue stick is composed of natural ingredients. The original Pritt glue sticks and all-purpose adhesives are solvent and PVC-free

winniezon

Jogging around the block
My first impulse is to suggest against using this one with the birds. I would consider it a mock-up. You can do paper mache with flour and water this paste will be safe and won't leave you questioning the toxicity.

I haven't tried this person's recipe, I usually make it until it has the texture I am looking for, however it may help you get started.

thank you!