• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I made chop!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
It’s such a rewarding feeling looking at all the goodies you finely chopped up for your bird to throw on the floor! Lol.

I hope they love it!!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Can't wait to hear the verdict. Our birds think I'm the worst cook. :o:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I hope the little ones love it! :)

Poundkitty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
What is in your chop? Do you serve all of it fresh or freeze some for later? Adding oatmeal flakes would prob help a little with the color lol
Thought I would share the morning and evening chop I made! These turned out really well compared to some of my previous batches, though the purple sweet potato I added to the bottom one turned it a weird color.
! View attachment 320648 View attachment 320650
! View attachment 320648 View attachment 320650
[/QUOTE]

SmallFeather

Walking the driveway
@Poundkitty I put whatever is in season, bird-safe, and organic in my chop. I keep some of it fresh and put the rest into ice cube trays so I can just pop one out when I need it. The top one had golden beets, brussels sprouts, one vegetable I can't remember, cooked brown rice, cranberries, watercress, and half a bag of freeze dried chop. The bottom one had watermelon radishes, straight neck squash, broccoli, cooked barley, purple sweet potato, and the other half bag of freeze dried chop.

Poundkitty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
@Poundkitty I put whatever is in season, bird-safe, and organic in my chop. I keep some of it fresh and put the rest into ice cube trays so I can just pop one out when I need it. The top one had golden beets, brussels sprouts, one vegetable I can't remember, cooked brown rice, cranberries, watercress, and half a bag of freeze dried chop. The bottom one had watermelon radishes, straight neck squash, broccoli, cooked barley, purple sweet potato, and the other half bag of freeze dried chop.
Wow, what an assortment - lucky birds- My birds love fresh and cooked veggies/grains/pastas/eggs w/ shell but turn beaks away from the dehydrated stuff with the exception of the herbs which are small enough to be absorbed. I also grow sprouts for them which we share; theirs in chop and mine for salad lol.