• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I made a friend at the pet store

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Ohhh ok, if I'd looked closer I would have seen the obvious differences in the birds lol.
Ah, yes, I get that. I have a separate fund for bird/dog/horse emergencies too and it is important to keep that up. I hope it works out with your uncle and dad!!
I do too. I had to get my mom's dog vaccinated and neutered, and I have a checkup/nail trim for Kiki and I have to microchip her and the dogs in October. Pets just ain't cheap. :confused:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope you can get a ride!!:fingerscrossed:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Guzma passed away in the early spring from old age
I´m so sorry for your loss ❤

:angelic: I did my best to talk him into out of buying the snake, I swear.
:lol: I´m sure you did not

From the looks of that siggy you already have a zoo. You want another bird???
For some people, they can only care for one bird with the time, resources, skills and space they have. Others can care for 30. Each person is different.

I just haven't updated my signature... It's hard losing him.
There´s no pressure to change your signature :hug5:

Garet is a great parront. You should track down some of his previous bird sagas - it’s like we have our own birdie soap opera here! Maybe he’ll start that again.
Yes he is.

I hope you post more threads like that again :)

Hopefully something works out and you are able to pick up this ´Tiel :)

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I´m so sorry for your loss ❤

:lol: I´m sure you did not

For some people, they can only care for one bird with the time, resources, skills and space they have. Others can care for 30. Each person is different.

There´s no pressure to change your signature :hug5:

Yes he is.

I hope you post more threads like that again :)

Hopefully something works out and you are able to pick up this ´Tiel :)
Thank you. It was really hard losing him. He had developed severe arthritis and was simply winding down. He couldn't take medications due to an enlarged liver, but we found a way to ease his pain without medications. (Reptile heat lamps, if anyone's wondering).

We're asking my uncle soon. My dad is a no-go, but I might be able to meet him at a metro.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
:( He's been rehomed already. There's still that whiteface baby, though I'm still not sold on the breeder/seller.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:( He's been rehomed already. There's still that whiteface baby, though I'm still not sold on the breeder/seller.
Aw sorry to hear :( If you're not sold on the breeder, can't you take to Kijiji to find a Tiel? I don't know if you have a lot of birds on Kijiji where you are, but there are too many Tiels to count looking for new homes over here.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Aw sorry to hear :( If you're not sold on the breeder, can't you take to Kijiji to find a Tiel? I don't know if you have a lot of birds on Kijiji where you are, but there are too many Tiels to count looking for new homes over here.
That's where I found the breeder and that boy. I'm just not finding a lot of tiels in my area.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Dangit, that grey one is also off-island. I'm getting so freaking tired of people advertising as being on Montreal and providing a fake Montreal postal code.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Omg.

I'm talking with this seller and I'm just.... :/

Them: I bought this three month old baby to breed with my adult tiel but they didn't get along.

Me: Awww. I'd like to buy her as a buddy for my girl.

Them: ... You do know she's a female?

Me: Yes, I don't want to have babies.

Them: She's a baby?

I just...

Last edited:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I'mmm prettyyyy sure this is a young boy? It looks like he or she is moulting into an adult.

Screenshot_20190913-192803.png

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I knowwwwwww. :banghead: They're bringing him in a half hour apparently they keep them in the same cage and her adult has been angry/possibly fighting with him. It's probably bad, they were pushing to send him tonight instead of tomorrow.
W o w . That's so sad. But you're getting him tonight?? Wait, he should be there by now? If so, pictures ;) Glad he's gonna get a good safe home!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
It looks like a girl to me @Garet . But lighting, and age -- you might be right.

We are waiting for pix!