• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I made a friend at the pet store

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
IMG_20190908_151659014.jpg
He's a rescue at the shop. ;_____;
Sadly (for me) he's already adopted, but I'm glad I got to give a tiel scritches. Mims would have killed me if I tried to pet her like this. I think I spent half an hour just giving scritches after he bowed his head and asked for some. Then he came to the other side of the cage and asked for more while I was looking at this sweet lovebird and his parrotlet neighbor.
IMG_20190908_151749837.jpg
I'm not coming home with any new animals, though my brother is. He bought a lil noodl.

:arghh: I wishhhhhh that tiel wasn't already taken.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Awwwwwwwww! :heart: Sorry he was taken. Can you leave your number with the the shop just in case the adopter changes his/her mind?
I was thinking about that, but he's already paid for and is just there while his new family sets up a proper space for him. I asked. :sad5:

AutumnRain

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
That tiel is so adorable! Definitely try what @Fuzzy said. You never know, that person might change their mind. If not, there are so many wonderful tiels out there, and I'm sure there's one waiting for someone like you. :)

Garet

Real Name
Garet
That tiel is so adorable! Definitely try what @Fuzzy said. You never know, that person might change their mind. If not, there are so many wonderful tiels out there, and I'm sure there's one waiting for someone like you. :)
I am going back next week with my brother... :angelic: Can't hurt to go back to the bird section and find out....

They did have two other tiels, but they were babies and not rescues. I couldn't interact with them, though.

Really hope he's there.:sad11: Guzma passed away in the early spring from old age, and Mims has been so grumpy without a partner. I'm on the list with perroquet secours, though, so if he's not, it just wasn't meant to be. If he is, it's a store I'm willing to support financially. All their animals are well-kept, the employees handle them regularly, and the vast majority are rescues.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
There is a special bird waiting for you. :heart: Yes, those birds look so well kept compared to some I've seen. They are clean and have toys.
Yeah, it was great! They had a bunch of budgies all in one enclosure, and they had these huge hamster wheels and a lot of toys. It was actually a rather large enclosure, and no one seemed sick or picked on. They also had two other tiels, but one had a down payment and I couldn't justify spending 300$ on a baby. I'll try to take more pictures next time. All their parrots were friendly, except for the budgies. And even then, they looked happy.

Yoshi&Raphi

Real Name
Raphi
What’s that yellow perch? It looks interesting, shame he’s already taken he sounds adorable!

Garet

Real Name
Garet
What’s that yellow perch? It looks interesting, shame he’s already taken he sounds adorable!
I honestly have no idea what it is. :dead: There was so much stuff, and my brother called me over to hold a baby boa constrictor. Didn't spend much time looking at their stock. Between the tiel and my Brother's new Steven, I was kinda distracted.

:angelic: I did my best to talk him into out of buying the snake, I swear.

Yoshi&Raphi

Real Name
Raphi
I honestly have no idea what it is. :dead: There was so much stuff, and my brother called me over to hold a baby boa constrictor. Didn't spend much time looking at their stock. Between the tiel and my Brother's new Steven, I was kinda distracted.

:angelic: I did my best to talk him into out of buying the snake, I swear.
:lol:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
From the looks of that siggy you already have a zoo. You want another bird???

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Mims lost Guzma in the spring. I'm looking for another companion for her. Honestly, I'm home most of the time and most of my birds are rescues or were found outside. I enjoy taking care of my flock, and I'm super concerned for Mimikyu. She's been plucking and just quietly sitting by herself since he passed due to old age, and I don't like having just one member of the species. Even if she doesn't bond with a second tiel, I'd like her to have a same-species companion.

I just haven't updated my signature... It's hard losing him.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Awww. Do you have pictures of the adult? ;) Re: driving problem; get an uber and go get yourself a bird :D

@Garet do they have Uber up there?

Garet is a great parront. You should track down some of his previous bird sagas - it’s like we have our own birdie soap opera here! Maybe he’ll start that again.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Awww. Do you have pictures of the adult? ;) Re: driving problem; get an uber and go get yourself a bird :D
The adult is the second bird. And getting an Uber would be super expensive. :( We're looking at a 200$ round trip alone, and I'd like to keep that 200$ for pet related emergencies.

It might be a long shot, but I'm going to ask my uncle and dad. My uncle doesn't live too far away from him, and my dad could drive me to my uncle's.

@Garet do they have Uber up there?

Garet is a great parront. You should track down some of his previous bird sagas - it’s like we have our own birdie soap opera here! Maybe he’ll start that again.
Aww, thank you! ;-; And yes, we do have Uber, but the bird I really like is a hella long way out. It would cut into my vet fund.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
The adult is the second bird. And getting an Uber would be super expensive. :( We're looking at a 200$ round trip alone, and I'd like to keep that 200$ for pet related emergencies.

It might be a long shot, but I'm going to ask my uncle and dad. My uncle doesn't live too far away from him, and my dad could drive me to my uncle's.

Aww, thank you! ;-; And yes, we do have Uber, but the bird I really like is a hella long way out. It would cut into my vet fund.
Ohhh ok, if I'd looked closer I would have seen the obvious differences in the birds lol.
Ah, yes, I get that. I have a separate fund for bird/dog/horse emergencies too and it is important to keep that up. I hope it works out with your uncle and dad!!