• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I love you, Sneaky Pete

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
I don’t want to write this. I can’t even approach the edges of this without crying.

I lost my Sneaky Pete. My sweet, sensitive little man. I know we’re not supposed to have favorites, but I knew he was mine even if I’d never said it aloud. He never bit, he made this adorable little sound when I kissed him. He said exactly one thing, Sneaky Pete! We were working on whatcha doin and I love you.

Inspired by the incredible bond I watched grow between my parrotlets Chiara and Maus, Sneaky Pete was joined by Lemon who took to him immediately. Lemon loved him so much he moved himself into Pete’s much smaller cage all on his own. Pete was worryingly possessive of his cage, but he never fought Lemon once. He seemed a bit put off this clingy little baby who so desperately wanted to be glued to his side, then in the way that is truly just Pete, he loved him. Lemon is so sad my heart feels twice broken.

Of course Pete taught Lemon to say Sneaky Pete, so now clear as day I hear Lemon calling for him. I wish I could love on him, grieve with him - but Lemon only ever landed on me to land beside our Pete. I’d give anything to have him back; to be able to give him back to Lemon. I don’t know what’s worse my heartache or having to watch Lemon struggle through a heartache I can hardly imagine.

Seeing Pete with Lemon, how happy he was to love and be loved - I know his life was good and full in every way I could possibly find to better it. He had flight, and nearly constant freedom; between the two of them they had two flight cages, Pete’s cage, and a divider cage open and stocked with toys and food and even though they always ended up in Pete’s cage, they played through every cage and stand. Sneaky Pete liked to be covered under blankets or clothes..he had a habit of sneaking around on the floor beneath the cages, Lemon right beside him, my two fully flighted birds on the floor!

I had his overgrown beak fixed twice (it grew back alarmingly fast) and the second time he was able to eat with the stunning parrotlet appetite he had been missing. It was so good to see him eat! He spent a week parked in his food dish. I was thrilled to see him on his way to not being underweight anymore.

Sneaky Pete and Lemon are sweeter, gentler, and quieter than my other fids so they stayed in my bedroom instead of the bird room. Pete has always been in my room and as much a part of me and myself as I am. My life aches without him, my 27g bird has left an inexplicable hole in my life and my heart. I hate my life without him. It hurts to see Lemon alone. I was in the middle of a chaotic move and didn’t even get to spend his last two days with him. No amount of days would ever have been enough. He had a tumor on his liver. The answer to why just make me think of his tiny body... I’m a wreck. Part of the lingering pain of not being allowed to have pets as a kid is experiencing the distinct searing pain of losing them as an adult with no history of loss to help guide you through it.

Now I live in a new place that Pete has never been and that makes me cry - everything makes me cry. I’m worried I’m scaring my fids but what do I do? I love Pete with my whole heart and now my whole heart is just shattered. His proper Italian name is Pieraimondo, or Piero.

I guess this is life? You love and you give the pieces of your heart away until there is nothing left of you and then you may at last follow them into the dark to find them once again. Piero, my heart, I promise I will take care of your Lemon for you, eventually myself as well. I bet you and Miche are already best friends...you are probably being weird on the floor together. Even in tears, you always make me laugh. Mi manchi e mi mancherai, cuore mio.

*a myriad of photos to come once I have internet/data setup/available. It did cheer me up looking through all the pictures I have of my sweet Pete.

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Reading this bought tears to my eyes :sad7: and I never cry over something I read on the internet . To lose a friend, a child, a companion the pain must be unbearable I’m so sorry. :darkcloud::crycry2:

:sadbye:pete

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh no, I´m so sorry Maggie! Such awful news, my heart is broken for you.

Sneaky Pete always made me smile, and I´m sure many other members too. He will be dearly missed.

You´ve had so much loss recently, if I were there I´d give you a hug.

I hope you can find some comfort in the good times, the loving memories and the beautiful photographs.

Sending you all my love and positive thoughts ❤

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
upload_2019-8-10_8-6-55.png :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Not Sneaky Pete! :crycry: I'm glad he had such an amazing life with you, but it's still too soon. Not fair. :sadhug:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Oh no. I am utterly shocked.. Sneaky Pete :sad4:

He was such a sweet and dear little parrotlet. I am so sorry you and Lemon are in pain. I am so sorry you didn't get to spend those last two days with him. It feels like just yesterday when you were telling me about where his name came from and all about his cute little antics.

I am so very sorry. I am sending positive thoughts to you and Lemon. I know it hurts. It hurts because you loved. Remember the positive moments. When Lemon says his name it is to honour him. Hold onto those good memories and let yourself grieve. You are allowed to cry, be angry and be sad and mad at the same time.

Loss is never easy. There is no childhood training.. loss is loss. I had pets all my life and it almost hurts more as an adult.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so very sorry.
:sadhug:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
It sucks when our beloved family members leave us, I'm sorry you lost him but maybe with time when your ready you can get yourself and Lemon another friend:sadhug:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh Maggie, words fail me. I'm so very sorry. Prayers and hugs for your heart. :sorrow:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh Maggie, I'm so sorry. You've had to deal with so much tragedy in such a small space of time. :sadhug2:

Though Sneaky Pete's time on this Earth was short, you made it all the better; without you, he may have been an underweight, plucked, lonely little parrotlet forever. You and Lemon changed his life, and gave him love and fun and endless joy. Always remember that.

Fly forever free, Pieraimondo! :sorrow:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So very sorry for your loss of Sneaky Pete. :sadhug2:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
You wrote a beautiful tribute for Sneaky Pete. May God heal your heart and bring a smile to your face each and every time you think of Pete. :heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am so sorry. I understand how you feel. Take comfort in knowing he had a happy life with you.

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your and Lemon’s loss of Sneaky Pete. It is so heartbreaking to loose our special friends, but I hope you can find comfort in knowing that he had such a happy life with you.
:sadhug2:

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
My heart is crying for you. Your love for little Pete flowed freely from your words.
I'm so very sorry. :sorrow:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss :crycry: