• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I LOST MY BEST FRIEND

barbs0nly

Walking the driveway
Real Name
lilly
she seemed like a beautiful bird! i’m sorry for your loss and wish you the best with finding a chick in need of a home <3

CAIQUELUVR

Moving in
Real Name
Sandy S. Prchal
I. am deeply sorry for your loss of Aurora.
We all know the pain you are going through...all too well.
Take time to grieve your tremendous loss...because it takes time to heal our hearts.
It's something I've learned also...it is the reason my user name is Cassiesdad...because Cassie is a Lesser Sulfur Cockatoo...who passed in 2011.
If you want to PM me, free free to do so...I'd love to hear about Aurora...
Bob
Cassie is a lovely name indeed! What a wonderful way to remember her always as Cassiesdad. Beside having my Caique I do have a Rose Breasted Cockatoo named Ruby. Ruby & Aurora were in separate cages but they were next to each other in my office. Ruby is close to 60 years old and she has a fatty tumor I'm very concerned about.

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am very sorry for your loss. I just passed the 5 year anniversary of the loss of my tiel Sunny. It's not something that you ever really get over but the feeling of loss changes. It become less gut wrenching but you always miss them. I take comfort by keeping pictures and art work of him around the house. That way is still feel like he's always thought of. It is harder to find breeders these days. You might want to check with some of your local rescues.

Dinosaurus

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rene Leo Daneault
I'm devastated over the loss of my beloved Black Cap Caique, named Aurora, of 20 years and I'm reaching out for support. I'm not a first-time bird mom. I've rescued several birds in my lifetime but this precious, silly little clown rescued me. I'm slowing acclimating to life without my little companion. I never realized until now how quiet my house is with her gone, it's almost haunting. I'm quickly realizing over the last 20 years 'the times' have changed and locating a reliable Caique breeder is rare. I was in shock to read the magazine, "BIRD TALK" is no longer in circulation. This makes me sad because I l truly enjoyed reading the magazine for their interesting articles and hilarious bird stories from bird owners all over the country.

I'm very excited to hear from all of you and sharing your 'bird stories' with me. It's very nice to meet you.

Sandy P. from the Sunflower State of Kansas
I am so very sorry for you. (Fly free little one)

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
She was beautiful! I’m so sorry for your loss:sadhug:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Cassie is a lovely name indeed! What a wonderful way to remember her always as Cassiesdad. Beside having my Caique I do have a Rose Breasted Cockatoo named Ruby. Ruby & Aurora were in separate cages but they were next to each other in my office. Ruby is close to 60 years old and she has a fatty tumor I'm very concerned about.
Ruby... :heart:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I so sorry you lost her :sadhug: I lost Nerd bird after 31 years growing up together so I know about all of the things your going through. I got Lurch to fill the hole in my heart, and Dobby later when he escaped many years later. We tracked him for 2 days and he flew away.
Dobby is a sweet heart and I wouldnt be without a feathered friend in my life and I hope you find another Caique that needs a loving home.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Aurora, she sounded like an amazing bird :sadhug2:
Ruby looks really cute :heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I do believe I will find the comfort I need amongst this "Tribe" of Bird Lovers such as myself. Until you have a bird in your life, there is no better feeling. Birds are the "Feathered Whisperer" to our hearts.
Once you join the Avenue, you become a ROADIE...for life!
Oh yes your birds become "our" birds...and we're VERY protective of our flock! :yes4:

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
I do believe I will find the comfort I need amongst this "Tribe" of Bird Lovers such as myself. Until you have a bird in your life, there is no better feeling. Birds are the "Feathered Whisperer" to our hearts.
You are SO RIGHT! My husband says: 'no other animal reaches so deep into our soul... than a bird'...

It was literally years before we could have memories of our precious Freddie Timneh without crying [and still do even after [about] 10 years]. Even now, I'm brought to tears just remembering... We were blessed a year after her passing, with a precious Umbrella, whom we renamed Abby [for In the Fathers Hand]...

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome.
So sorry for your loss.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
@Laurie breeds Caiques. She is a member here. Not sure where she is located though.