• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I LOST MY BEST FRIEND

CAIQUELUVR

Moving in
Real Name
Sandy S. Prchal
I'm devastated over the loss of my beloved Black Cap Caique, named Aurora, of 20 years and I'm reaching out for support. I'm not a first-time bird mom. I've rescued several birds in my lifetime but this precious, silly little clown rescued me. I'm slowing acclimating to life without my little companion. I never realized until now how quiet my house is with her gone, it's almost haunting. I'm quickly realizing over the last 20 years 'the times' have changed and locating a reliable Caique breeder is rare. I was in shock to read the magazine, "BIRD TALK" is no longer in circulation. This makes me sad because I l truly enjoyed reading the magazine for their interesting articles and hilarious bird stories from bird owners all over the country.

I'm very excited to hear from all of you and sharing your 'bird stories' with me. It's very nice to meet you.

Sandy P. from the Sunflower State of Kansas

Attachments

CAIQUELUVR

Moving in
Real Name
Sandy S. Prchal
Good to meet you but under bad circumstances
Good to meet you but under bad circumstances
I try to stay positive but today marks her 1 week anniversary of her passing. I've never mourned so hard for an animal in my life. She was an amazing bird, if I may brag, but every bird owner thinks the same way about their bird.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I’m so sorry. I have 2 black heads and a white belly. It would kill me if something happened to them.

Gabby22

Meeting neighbors
Aurora was beautiful and looked so sweet. I am so sorry for your loss. :sorrow:

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I try to stay positive but today marks her 1 week anniversary of her passing. I've never mourned so hard for an animal in my life. She was an amazing bird, if I may brag, but every bird owner thinks the same way about their bird.
I cant comment on loosing a bird as Mojo is my first but i got her after loosing both of my dogs within three months of each other i feel your pain.

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
I'm sorry for your loss, Sandy. She looks like she was a sweet bird. It really hurts when they go.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Seven years ago today I lost my Hahns macaw. The pain never really goes away, you just get better at managing it. So very sorry for your loss. :sadhug2:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I. am deeply sorry for your loss of Aurora.
We all know the pain you are going through...all too well.
Take time to grieve your tremendous loss...because it takes time to heal our hearts.
It's something I've learned also...it is the reason my user name is Cassiesdad...because Cassie is a Lesser Sulfur Cockatoo...who passed in 2011.
If you want to PM me, free free to do so...I'd love to hear about Aurora...
Bob

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I’m so sorry to try to hear of your loss :(

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you’ll find some comfort in this forum —it is definitely a safe place to express how much you truly loved your bird and how perfect she will remain in your heart. Big hugs to you.

CAIQUELUVR

Moving in
Real Name
Sandy S. Prchal
Aurora was beautiful and looked so sweet. I am so sorry for your loss. :sorrow:
I’m so sorry. I have 2 black heads and a white belly. It would kill me if something happened to them.
I understand totally. I literally took off from work because I couldn't think or focus. Work was the last thing on my mind. It took every muscle in my body to say good-bye when I put laid her to rest. So many memories running through my mind. I wished I would have thought at the time to remove her leg band so I could make a charm necklace with it and have her close to me.

CAIQUELUVR

Moving in
Real Name
Sandy S. Prchal
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you’ll find some comfort in this forum —it is definitely a safe place to express how much you truly loved your bird and how perfect she will remain in your heart. Big hugs to you.
I do believe I will find the comfort I need amongst this "Tribe" of Bird Lovers such as myself. Until you have a bird in your life, there is no better feeling. Birds are the "Feathered Whisperer" to our hearts.

Solly

Strolling the yard
You have my utmost sympathies on your loss of Aurora. I am positive you will find consolation here with like minded people who can empathise with your situation. :toyou: Welcome to the forums.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss of Aurora.