• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I Lost Luna

Tangoares

Walking the driveway
They usually stay quiet if they see other birds/ predators. Keep checking, and again closer to dusk, and in early morning seems to be best.. mine flew into the forest behind our house as well, and we could never see him until he decided to attempt a fly down which was every 2 hours.. sometimes wouldn't hear a peep out of him for over 40 minutes with no eyes on him.
I really feel for you. That killed me

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I Don't Think I'm Gonna Get Her Back She's Probably Long Gone By Now...
Never say never! Birds can be recovered! Dogs missing years later are! Do not give up yet. Go out, walk, call for Luna. Round up any kids yhat live near you.

Just don't give up!

Bogie’sMom

Moving in
Real Name
Kristen
I Lost Luna And I Am Now Sad She Was Last Seen 6 Hours Ago By My Parents While I Was At School.
I just found this site when my conure got out. He flew into a tree in the front yard this morning and he’d never been outside before. I was so scared and pulled up a chair by the tree. A man walking by suggested I get his favorite treat and it worked. It didn’t work just saying treat so I went and got the treat bag and shook it which worked. I think I’d gone into shock to not think of that myself. He always comes when I say Treat and give him a Nutraberry. Do you have a word or treat that might get her chatting if she hears it in case she’s hiding in a tree around your house?

LunaBird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
William
She's Probobly hiding in a forest which is over 1km2 in size thats fenced up due to covid

• Sad
Reactions: Ali

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Not sure why the forest would be closed, is it a park? Is there anyway you can access the forest to look?

LunaBird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
William
the forest is also a bike trail

Reactions: Ali

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sadhug2:Maybe she won't come back but let's hope she is out there somewhere making a family & living a good life.

Bunchobird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mali
I think that she has made a little family, she must be happy as someones (previously) ittle parakeet was in my backyard for 2 months before i was able to catch her! she and a dove had even a little nest. I later found out they tried hatching sparrows, but it didnt work XD. I am sure she has a little family of her own. <3 and hey, maybe you will find her!