• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I Learned a Valuable Lesson Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
Koba insisted on perching on my shoulder tonight while I was on the computer. I have 3 earrings on each ear plus a necklace and a bobby pin on. I guess my head was a toy box for her! First the necklace, so I took that off. Then the bobby pin, took that out. Finally she went for my earrings and PULLED one of my studs out - OUCH!!! So I took my earrings out and faught for the stud that was in her mouth..

... Then she bit my ear REALLY hard :omg:. No more shoulder time when she's being a stubborn birdy!

Lesson learned!!

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Ouchie!!!!! I can relate, I have my nose pierced and I have to remember not to let the birds on that shoulder as they keep trying to reach my nose ring!

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
OK I know i'm gonna get a beating for this... but I dont trust amazons of any kind around my face. A man that I work with has three scars on his chin from where his amazon latched on and litterally pulled his lip so hard it ripped so he looked like a nut cracker.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
When I started getting the big birds, my Jewry days were over!
I don't even ware my wedding rings because they are very old rose cut diamonds with sapphires around...wouldn't last two seconds with any of these beaks!:rofl::hug8:

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
Having birds near your face IS dangerous, but its hard to resist, I know. Even sometimes I have to put Blazey away cause he can get pretty nippy when he is getting tired. I cant imagine fighting any larger bird to stop them from tearing your face apart!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
OK I know i'm gonna get a beating for this... but I dont trust amazons of any kind around my face. A man that I work with has three scars on his chin from where his amazon latched on and litterally pulled his lip so hard it ripped so he looked like a nut cracker.
Ditto that. Same goes for TOOs. I hate learning lessons the hard way. Although there certainly isn't a more effective way to learn them. :D:hehe::hehe:

Sarin

Real Name
Nicole
:hehe: Koba generally isn't allowed on my shoulder, but she climbed up and started causing trouble right away!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Sheba is not allowed on the shoulder and she knows it, though daddy takes risks with it, I do not. I am teaching Holly the same. Cochise is allowed.

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
:hehe: Koba generally isn't allowed on my shoulder, but she climbed up and started causing trouble right away!
Thats the way Blazey is. He really isnt allowed, but he usually finds a way up there anyways :rolleyes:

Carole, why is coshise?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Because he is so sensitive and still learning to trust, it's like his safe haven away from the dreaded 'hands'.:eek: He will step up off the floor for me, or the playstand to go back to his cage. Then he runs right up your arm and snuggles next to your face. If I didn't allow this with him, there would be no progress as there has been. He's kind of a special case due to his previous life.:(

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
When i look after Indy (YFA) i don't like to let her on my shoulder. If she flies up there i just walk over to her cage and get her to step off onto the top of that (she has a tantrum if i try to get her to step up onto my hand). Then i'll interact with her positively for a while with her on top of the cage, just to reinforce that it's not bad to be off shoulders. :D

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
ouch! i can empathize with you - my GCC thinks my shoulder is her portable perch - and I have a sore ear tonight because I moved, startled her and my ear was the closest thing for her to grab (and I know better than to let her up there :jawsmiley: )

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
I do allow Sunni snuggle time and she's near my face. I recline back and she will run down to tickle my toes then comes running back up to my chest. She'll lie in my lap and play with her foot toys. But I don't allow her on my shoulder. Not because she bit me but when I first got her she was used to the shoulder. She was only 1yr old when I got her. The reason I stopped was she thought she was in charge up there. When I wanted her down she'd simply grab the back of my collar with her beak and hang down the middle of my back. Didn't bite me, scratch me or anything like that, but it was difficult getting her off. I'd lean over next to her cage.. no way. No one could really help me cause of the can't bite the threat ~ bite the one you're with thing.. Thinking back at what I must have looked like, leaning over, down on the floor, across the bed etc., probably would have made a great YouTube video! Hope your ear heals quickly!

Izzy_Bird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lisa
I had izzy on my hand this afternoon and went to kiss her beak. She lost her balance for a second and leaned forward and grabbed my EYE. Not a bite but ouch!

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
My dear birds have taught me well! I take off my earings as I come home from being out and change into my house clothes for the same reason.
I have had that many earings mangled and beyond repair, that it has taught me.
One ring was quietly attacked and the main stone in the middle was removed and never to be seen again. I swear it is still inside Leroy's gizzard! Cost me an arm and a leg to get it replaced.
I even have to wear an old pair of spectacles when they are out, or they want to know what the new pair looks like up close and personal!
Leroy will whip them off my face and fly off with them as good as look at her. Not worth the hassle so I change and we are all happy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.