• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I just witnessed a pomegranate sugar high...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I gave my birds some pomegranate seeds. I gave them each a piece from a whole fruit and they had to work for the seeds.

My walls remained clean (they were far enough away from them I guess) and the carpet sustained no damage since I had covered it in newspaper.

However...I think some of the birds (Joey in particular) got on a sugar high from all that juice. He was zooming all around the place, not staying put for one moment and looking a tad insane. At one point, I thought him and Zuri (who was second in "craziness") would collide in mid-air.
This went on for an insane 5 minutes or so...now Joey seems to be over it, acting very very sleepy. I guess bedtime is looming close :hehe:

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
And where are the pictures?????:rofl::rofl::rofl::hug8:

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Sounds like next time you better hire an air traffic controller :p

tlday13

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tracy
I second the call for pictures!

I haven't tried pomegranates with Jewel yet... so far she has liked (and approved of red seedless grapes and applesauce)

Tracy
foster-fid Jewel (3yr old CAG)

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Danny is the same - I have to ration his pomegranate intake otherwise it's total mayhem!! It's like kids on red cordial!!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Haha there aren't any pictures...no one stayed put long enough to have it taken ;)
When they were eating it, I was monitoring possible splash back on the walls..didn't think of taking pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.