• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I just wanna Screammmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

catnloco

Sprinting down the street
The man that Luigi (G2) came from just called me and asked me if I would still take his Umbie. He works 10 hour days and she is starting to pluck at her chest.
Now I told him 8 weeks ago that I would (that was before) Nick showed up.
The ONLY way I can see this happening is "if" I start pitching furniture. The china cabinet can go the T.V and stereo in the living room could go to.
I asked him if he wanted to put her into a rescue that I knew and he said if I couldn't take her he was going to keep her. Which would be ok if he would just do some of the things I have talked to him about ....Number one get her on a good diet......Number 2 get her some toys.......Number three give her things to keep her busy when he is away...But I think 10 hour days is far to long for any too to be left alone on a daily basis.
>sigh< Lord help me

Last edited:

Stacy_b

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Stacy
>sigh< thats frustrating. Sorry wish there was something I could say and solve it all for you. On a side note...I HAVE gotten rid of furniture to take in birds LOL

catnloco

On a side note...I HAVE gotten rid of furniture to take in birds LOL
Oh good than I not alone in my crazy thoughts.....:lol:.
I could put the 3 toos in the one room, The Macaw, amazon and Grey in the other...Maybe....

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
This little birdie is calling for you! You know you want her!:cool1:

You can always take her in, if it doesnt work out, you could find her a home that can take better (better than that man is giving) care of her.:hug8:

catnloco

This little birdie is calling for you! You know you want her!:cool1:
Thanks Marcedez that is NOT helpful.....:lol:.
My husband and daughter are gonna KILL me.......OK Kelcy (daughter) loves Umbies...Hubbie doesn't like too's but they love him and all Toos hate me.....Oh the fun....:hehe:.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Depending on her size, you can say she is an overlly large cockatiel if your hubby doesnt like 'toos;):hehe:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
PRETEND SHE'S A CANARY:hehe:

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Depending on her size, you can say she is an overlly large cockatiel if your hubby doesnt like 'toos;):hehe:
:rofl:
I wonder if that will work with my hubby? Fairly certain he'd kill me if I got another "loud" bird.

SultanMyM2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Thats too bad I know a guy w/ birds & he spends no time w/ them & tells me he works to much well I say give them to someone who will spend time w/ them or MAKE time to spend w/ them .W/ out us caring for our lil friends they wouldn't do well on there own ....They need us!!!

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
I can't help you decide, I agreed to take in a foster and we already have 3 fids in an 1100 sq foot house. And to make it worse both Jenni and I are collectors. There really should be a law against 2 collectors getting married.

Goofy didn't start plucking until after Jenni's accident. Now that they get more attention than ever before they behave worse than ever. See how they are.:huh: When we first got the 'toos we both worked 12 hour nights 3 days one week 4 the next. Lots of toys and attention on the weekend.

catnloco

Well say it grew up near a nuclear power plant... :highfive:
:lol: your a hoot today Marcedez. I can hear me now "yeah I know hun the bird got really big and it's mouth is even bigger":hehe:.

catnloco

OK this is truly crazy. I am NOT a rescue. I have no 501c3. I have no website. I have no space and I just got another call. Asking me if I could take in their 17 year old Umbie. They just moved into a senior apartment and the bird is screaming its bloody head off because of the change in environment.
They have been told that the bird has to be gone by June 1st. and they will be fined everyday until the bird is gone.....

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I can't wait to hear what you do.,,it's raining umbies for you :lol:Maybe you could help the second people with name of a rescue...and take in bird #1..andmaybe your huband wont notice another cage and bird..:lol::lol:

catnloco

Hubby said ok to Umbie #1. She will be arriving next weekend. He doesn't know about Umbie #2 yet but, I know there is no way I could pull it off without having a safety issue within the house, a loaded pistol pointed at my head and a glass of straight whiskey in hand :lol:.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Have you thought about taking in #2 Umbie and finding it a good home?

CVONGRATS on convincing hubby about the first Umbie :D

Status
Not open for further replies.