• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I just need some support...

_Lara _

Meeting neighbors
Dear Bird friends,
My baby janis hurt her foot on the new years eve day... since then she is in pain and cant step on the foot properly. This has been a very tiring journey, i am finishing my studies this semester so i have to do so much, i am struggling with exams and deadlines, i also work while studying. Literally nobody in my life understands "why im spending so much money" on this bird, i feel really exhausted from all the vet visits, studying and work and i just need support from people which i dont get.
My baby girl spent 3 days in animal hospital and people didnt get why i was upset...
Anyway thanks for reading my rent dear bir friends and happy new year ❤

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Sounds like you have a lot going on at min

don’t let anyone tell you you shouldn’t be upset it’s your pet and you have done right thing by her:heart:

how is she doing now ?

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've spent countless dollars on my birds, and I'm not at all sorry. It's my money, I earn it, and I can spend it on whatever is a priority to me. Owning birds as companion animals is one of the more expensive things we can do. Avian and exotic vets are more expensive than small animal vets. I'm getting ready to take one of mine to the vet this morning.

I'm sorry your sweetie has an injury, and I hope it will heal quickly. Good luck with your exams and finishing any outstanding projects for the semester!

_Lara _

Meeting neighbors
Sounds like you have a lot going on at min

don’t let anyone tell you you shouldn’t be upset it’s your pet and you have done right thing by her:heart:

how is she doing now ?
Thanks for saying that i needed to hear it... she is doing better, since yesterday somehow the right foot is hurting once more, my bf will be raking her to the vet while im running to an exam.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Thanks for saying that i needed to hear it... she is doing better, since yesterday somehow the right foot is hurting once more, my bf will be raking her to the vet while im running to an exam.
Hope she’s ok
good luck with your exam

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
That you provide for those under your care should be celebrated and admired ! That you don't want a thinking and feeling creature in pain shows compassion and empathy!

That you are upset and worried shows the great depth of love you are capable of! You don't run or make excuses when things get tough ( expensive) you keep your commitments!

You Lara have honor. All your qualities are to be looked up too. I would be replacing those who don't respect that , with better quality friends.

Glad you found us!

Im a complete mess when any of
my Feathered kids or furred one are sick or hurt.

People don't understand how very special the connection between people and parrots is. It's taken me decades to start to convince my family

Feet....they just take longer to heal

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
So glad to hear your boyfriend is helping you so you can do your exam.
People without any kind of pets don't understand the bonds we have with them.
Good luck with your exam and I hope your baby janis feels better soon.
We are all here to support you. :)