• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I just got an email about an Alexandrine

Status
Not open for further replies.

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Yeah it sounds like she changed her mind. When that happens I kind of understand, it is a hard choice to make, but it's bad to just string someone along and not keep in contact. Hopefully you hear something soon one way or the other so you're no longer just wondering what's going on.

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
I can kind of understand why she only wanted your phone number, especially if this bird his her baby. Perhaps she is just trying to do what's best for the bird, but having a hard time following through. I'd just give her time, let her figure things out. Who knows, she did say she's 8 months pregnant, maybe it's possible she went into labor early?

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Hmmm. I'm sorry, Renae! :( I have to say what I actually find more disconcerting is that she refused to give you her number but expected to you to give her yours. Somehow somethig like that doesn't sit right with me!:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Yeah, but it isn’t as if I was keen on giving out my home phone number either, my mum wasn’t happy due to crap that has happened before and I have had to change the number 9 times already. (someone threatening to kill us 3 times, being called early hours in the morning as well as late at night, they are just 3 reasons)

If she has changed her mind, that is fine, but it would only take a phone call or email to let me know that instead of me waiting around to know. I already told her that it is fine should she change her mind, I wasn’t pressuring or pushing her into it, she knows I understand how hard it would be already, I had mentioned that a few times.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I really hope you get some sort of reply soon.

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I haven’t heard back from the lady still, I am going to just guess she has changed her mind and decided to keep the bird.

However.. my mum spoke to a lady this morning that is selling baby Alex’s and we are just trying to figure out a way to get there (she lives over 2 and a half hours away) — the lady has a friend that comes past this way, but she has to find out if the friend is coming past this way at anytime tomorrow. If not, I am asking a friend of mine if he could drive me there, and if he can’t, I will have to get the train, it will be a looong trip though, 2 and a half hours there on the train and then 2 and a half hours on the train coming home; I think it will be worth it though. Anyway, fingers crossed we can work something out so I can pick the baby up tomorrow! :)

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope things work out with getting the baby :)

Status
Not open for further replies.